Need help quilting this one

Guy quilt? Custom? I see hubcaps and tire tread type fillers in the white background. SID the spokes and break that expanse up a little more with a couple of concentric circles about half way out from the center of each hub, and about a half inch apart. A tribal type spiky swirl in the hubs, and maybe dress up the cirles with a spiky circle. That buzz saw idea would be good there. Maybe it's because I was at the tire store last week and noticed all the different designs used as the tread on tires. Some of them look almost like the basketweave. That jagged ziz zag fill someone showed last week would do the same thing as tiretreads. (Gasp!) I think this quilt is talking to me!

The sun rays sounds fun, and geometric as a stipple -humm, saw blades, not sure how to do that, Tires and hub caps I never would have thought of that. But I did see wagon wheels.

JoAnn I haven't seen the Meandering Magic book, I'll have to look for it

Thanks for all the suggestions, please keep them coming.

:D:D:D

Hi.

I'm working on a similiar quilt and am stuck also. But, I can see something for yours. For a young guy, maybe he'd like concentric circles (like bull's-eyes) in the piecing and on-point-squares-in-squares in the plain areas created between the cirlces. You have to like template work, though! Then a small stippling between the left over spaces...maybe a little ziz-zaggy backgrounder fill would work.

Good luck!

Lisa

AQPS Liberty

NW NJ

Archived