Beacon of Light

I'll take some tickets too!!

You out did yourself on this one. Just STUNNING!!!!!

That is awesome quilting and Wow the Work.

Debbi this shows such talent!!!!

Hugs and Where do I send my money for a ticket or TICKETSSSSS? Serious

Love and Hugs,

Grammie Tammie

Are you guys serious about tickets?? My customer said they would be available later this year. I'll try to find out when and post something.

Thanks for all of the comments. This was a difficult quilt for me. Outlining the lettering was very difficult and the corner motifs took about a hour each. However, the seams at the corners are mitered so it was easy to keep the baby crosshatch consistent without marking.

I also had some feather motifs marked to quilt along the spine of the applique. Silly me, I'm quilting along with the squiggly background filler and quilted right over my markings and didn't even realize it until I was well past the marks. I decided it wasn't worth ripping out to put the feathers on the spine so left them out.

This was also the quilt where the backing had some muslin strips sewn on it. The size of the backing without the muslin was exactly the same size as the quilt. Fortunately, you all had great advice and things lined up perfectly. :D I told my customer about it. She said she knew it was close, but she didn't think it was that close. :o I didn't tell her about the pin I quilted into the quilt. You would have to look pretty hard to find which star I had to take part of the seam out to get the pin out. The whole pin incident will be our secret!! :P

Debbi

Okay gals, here's the scoop. The guild is not allowed to sell tickets out of state. So what they do is sell the tickets to me and I put your name on the ticket. Beats me what the difference is with selling you the tickets directly. Tickets will go on sale about May. If you want tickets, send me a U2U or email with the number of tickets that you want. I'll get them as a big bunch and gather money after I get all of the tickets.

I also found out today that the guild wants this quilt entered at MQS. :cool:

Debbi

Originally posted by dtreusch

I also found out today that the guild wants this quilt entered at MQS. :cool: Debbi

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Can you imagine the huge visibility it will get? So many people will see it and want tickets. $$$Ka-ching!!$$$ Yes, I do want to buy some tickets. I'll send you a U2U... (imagine me, little old Shana in NP AK, owning a quilt that my friend Debbi quilted -- I would be in HEAVEN!) :)

Archived