MORE HELP FOR KAREN MCT & DAN!!!

Laurie,

I have no idea how it is tracking who has voted and who hasn't. I went so far to delete all my cookies, Internet history and the anything else but it still wouldn't let me vote. There has to be some way they are tracking your vote. Rebooting your machine may or may not resolve the problem. You should always reboot your machine at least once a week. If it starts to run really sluggish it is more than likely because your RAM is being consumed with data and a cold boot (turn machine completely off and then start don't use restart) should clean out your RAM and your machine should function more quickly. I just had another thought. It may be tracking the IP address. I can't unplug my work computer without causing all kinds of headaches but I'll test that theory at home tonight.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried voting several times over the past couple of days and it dosen't increase the number...but it doesn't seem to be affecting the other bands...I am starting to wonder if this last round is rigged because some of the bands that are in the top spots are so way far out ahead it seems to me almost impossible for them to have that many votes already. Just my opinion don't know if there is any truth to it or not.

I just went to vote for the first time today. It showed 826 votes, I voted and it came up and said my vote was registered na dthey have 826 votes. I went to another computer and did it again and it said the same thing. The numbers are not changing. Y'all need to contact Gorilla Music the thing seems to be rigged. Not fair. :mad::mad:

I just tried again too, and it says 835. looks like it took that vote this time andit's only been about 30 minutes since I voted. I just emailed Karen, she says to let everyone know it may only let you vote once a day but sometimes it's letting another one slip in, so just don't give up. Keep trying!

It could be tracking IP address, but if you have 3 machines on a home network they would all more than like be transmitting the same IP address (that of the router for the network) They can also be tracking using the MAC address which is unique to each computer and would be more accurate. (Technically each part in your computer has it's own MAC but they could trace just then on for your internet connect, ie either net card or wireless chip.) Still not sure why it would not update for one of my machines yesterday it worked fine on the other one and they both worked today.

Archived