Please help

I have ripped out more than I have quilted on this quilt. The quilt is rectangular but has a definate centre. I have redone a flower in the middle of the quilt and now don't know what to do. DUH! I was going to make the flower bigger but it sort of lost itself and I didn't like it. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Lib

post--13461901164889_thumb.jpg

Hi Libby,

I am so sorry you had to rip all of this out!! :( The only thing I can suggest if you want a specific quilted motif to show up is to use a contrasting thread color, perhaps a dark blue or variegated dark blue in the yellow centre portion? And then switch to a bright yellow thread for the blue portion? I like the idea of the big flower for your yellow centre, and in the blue areas, I like the idea Melanie suggested for vines and leaves? You could also quilt some yellow flowers in the blue areas, too. I am sure it will be very beautiful when done. :) Hang in there!!!

Another thought: If you haven't ripped out the yellow centre yet, just switch to a dark blue thread and quilt around what you already quilted. That might give the flower an interesting effect with the yellow thread and the blue thread playing together???

Nadia, you are so right. I have unpicked the middle flower out once already and just feel awful about the whole quilt. I don't think I have ever had such a hard time with one! I liked Melanie's idea of leaves or trailing vines and have a leaf panto which I think might work quite well around the flower.

I sure learnt not to go this route again!

Lib

Archived