Needles

I am wondering if anyone uses the Groz-Beckert needles? My Mille doesn't seem to enjoy working with them at all. If anyone is interested, I could sell you a few packs of 10 each for my cost.

Also, I seem to be having difficulty having my posts posted. Hopefully this one will go through. Yesterday's apparently did not make it.

Grace

Good Gracious Quilting

Grace:

One of the challenges using the Groz-Beckert needles is that the scarf is not near as pronounced as the scarf on the Singer MR needles. This requires that the hook timing and spacing be closer. You will find that the MR needles will give fewer skipped stitches. The machine ideally would be set up using the needle that you plan to use. You generally can go +,- .5 without a problem. I had a client with a Millie set up with a MR 4.0 install a Groz-Becket 5.0 and over drove the machine and broke the needle in the hook assembly and broke the finger. Not a good situation. APQS machines come from the factory with MR 4.0 needles and they are adjusted for these needles.

Good Luck,

John

• 4 months later...
Guest Linda S

Grace! Please contact me. You are just up the highway from me. We have a group of local longarm quilters formed and we meet once a month just to get to know one another, share info on good tools, techniques, etc. What size are your needles? I use the Groz Beckert Titaniums, but I use a smaller needle.

Linda

Archived