Single-stitch yellow button

Hi all,

I'm hoping this kind of strange problem sounds familiar to somebody out there. At lease 50% of the time, when I first press the yellow button to pull the bobbin thread up to the top, the needle will sort of hesitate, then sort of "pop" really fast back out of the fabric. Sometimes it's so fast it goes back into the fabric and I can't stop the machine by pressing any of the buttons, then I have to pick the thread out. It doesn't happen when I'm actually stitching, that's just fine, only when I start and stop. I could live with it if it's ok, but it just doesn't sound right, and I'm terrified I'm going to muck up my Liberty and not be able to get it fixed. Help! :(

Gina

Connie,

Just saw your response - thank you so much! I have absolutely no idea what a crydom relay is, but I'm so glad I called you. At this point, I think I'd take the bridge if I gummed up my machine after finally getting to the point where I can use it. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I am having a problem with the yellow button, but usually after I've been using the machine for a couple of hours. What happens is that when I only want the needle to go down once, to bring up the bobbin thread, it will just go down and up numerous times. The longer I use the machine, the more times the needle will go up and down each time I stop to bring up bobbin thread. Also, when this occurs, the machine will make an intermittent "movement" noise, (I don't know how to describe it with words, I can make the sound, tho!) I have started to listen for this noise and just manually take the needle down and back up, but this is time consuming. Any suggestions?

Robin

Robin: If you're talking about what seems like the machine is "chattering", here's a fix that Connie posted a while back. Hope this helps!

Hi,

The adjustment is the # 8 blue pod, as Nancy said, it is up under the cover and towards the front of the machine. It is the only blue pod with the screw coming out the side, all the other screws are out the top! Turn it 1 full turn counter clockwise.. (after you have ran the machine for 10 min..) if that is to fast or if it takes more than 1 stitch turn it back a little..

When making this adjustment, always have the machine warmed up, as the adjustment will be more accurate.. also start with 1 full turn.. sometimes when doing only 1/4 to 1/2 turn you will have to make the adjustment again in the near future!

Hi All,

Thanks Judy, that is what she needs.. If it continues to do the hard firing, then it may be a crydom on her machine too.. We now have stronger Crydom relays that we get from a different company.. so, once you replace them (if you ever need to) it will all be good!

Cynthia, if you have a Milli, or any of the up/down machines, they are supposed to go down and stop until you hit the button again! Just hold it a little longer and it will make the full cycle..

Good Luck

Have a Great Day Everyone!

I am having trouble with the yellow button also--similar to Robin's problem. This has been an reocurring problem. In the past year, I have turned that button at least 3 times, maybe more. My questions is: how often can you turn the #8 button. Each time I do it, the repair seems to last shorter period of time.

Archived