Feeling the crunch??

Thanks Bonnie!

Is anyone coming for QWM (Quilting With Machines) in October??

Last year it was in Columbiana, and I made the trek back and forth 65 miles on the turnpike. Swore next year, I'm staying at the hotel.

Well, it's in Aurora, Oh this year. Yippee! About 5 miles from me!!!

All our local quilt shops have closed though.:(:(

Tons of great restaurants though.

Love you guys!

Linnea

And let me add that I bought 240+ bolts of fabric at a quilt shop auction in September. I am selling at $6 & $7/yard.

This might be another marketing technique to use. They bring the quilt and pick out backing from my stash, and I give them a discount on the fabric!!

Hey!:P Now I'm thinkin, Lincoln!!

Linnea

Yes Bonnie, it was tons of fun. But the auctioneer didn't know the product and started by selling fat quarters by the piece!! I thought, "I'll be here ALL day!" Actually, I left, went to another auction, and came back in time to get all that fabric. I bought one whole roomful. They even put the books together so you had to buy, like 10 or 20 of the same book!?? Huh? I steered clear of that. Lots of fun tho!

Linnea

Linnea, Hi! I loved hearing about Holmes County!! Believe it or not, I have NEVER been there and I have lived in Ohio my whole life!! I would love to take a vacation there. I think my hubby would even like it! We like antiques and he is pretty good at tolerating my fabric stops! :D I went up to Shipshawana with some friends this fall. It was fun! Lots of buggies and some really good shops! I am going to keep this post so I can go back and look at what you suggested if we ever get to go~! linda

Hey Linnae

You make it sound like so much fun!!! Can hardly wait to inform my DH that our little trip is all planned. He only wants to go to a place in Charm that starts with a K - hardware, woodworking, bldg. materials and etc and the cheese place. But if I have everything lined up according to your directions he will say OK and only grumble a little. We have been married for 49 years and I don't pay any attention to the grumbling anymore. Just pretend I don't hear. Thanks so much for all the wonderful directions and descriptions. I can hardly wait.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn, The place your DH wants to go in Charm is Keim Lumber. I should have included it. It is WONDERFUL. I love it there too! It's on the very top of a big steep hill. They added on a few years ago, and the inside is spectacular! There is an hand cut inlay in the floor when you walk in with their name and a design around it. They have things there that you won't find at Home Depot!! My DH buys his power tools there when the manufacturer reps are there, about once or twice a year, I think.

Also, if you venture up to Kidron, there is Lehman's Hardware. Also, recently added on to, and huge. We thought their prices on most things were pretty high. We had to buy firebrick. It was $2.95/each at Lehman's and we got it for$1.29 here at home.

Have fun and I hope the weather co=operates for you!:cool:

Oh. Guggisburg Cheese is also a good place to stop on Twp 557. I think you can take a tour of them making the swiss cheese. Tons of samples too.

Linnea:)

Archived