Fish in the attic window now with finished pics

So, a guild member has asked me to quilt this for her charity quilt. I am to do an E2E and was wondering what this would look like on it: http://www.digiquilter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=37. In case it does post, water world panto from digiquilter.com I was thinking just a water meander, but maybe this would be better.

Thanks for looking!

post--13461901169687_thumb.jpg

I am fascinated with attic window quilts. This is impressive. squiggles, bubbles, puddles, swirls, spirals, anything fishy would look great.

I saw one in a booth with Farmer's Market fruits and vegetables in the "windows"--it looked like an old farmer's market for sure.

It isn't that I couldn't do custom, donated quilting by me, I just thought as it is a charity quilt......I could do custom. Would certainly be good freehand practice for me.!!!!

Okay, so SID around the windows, water in the water, clouds in the sky,something fishiy, watery in the outer border???Doesn't sound too hard. would you still wiggle down the squiggles in the window frame?

Boni: unrelated to this top, but you were looking for a basket weave design: I run across these today while looking for something else: http://www.legacyquilting.com/patterns/search?q=basket

Originally posted by KerryM

would you still wiggle down the squiggles in the window frame?

I think I would step back and look at it after I had one done....I personally think the smoother window would look best as the insides are so busy, but they may be to wide to be able to leave open and not any quilting other than the SID. So with that thought, yes maybe sqwiggles on that side and maybe some just straight lines in the lighter blue just enough to hold it all down. Just my opinion.

Okay, so I have been working on this in fits & starts. This is a bit of a stretch for me, but I hope I have capture the feeling of water in the windoes. I ended up SID the widows, and borders, I put bubbles in all the windows except the top right, that has a sun in it. The border has a fishy sonething or other, My question is: thw window frames are 2.5", the purple sashing/border is 1". I'd like to leave them smooth, but maybe it should have a squiggle/straight???? and second; The main window, top left, should it get bubbles like all the rest, or would you do something else?

This thing just will not talk to me!!!!

Kerrry

The top left window appears to be out of water as the skyskape, so bubbles like the underwater part I wouldnt think would fit in there. You can always just follow the contour of the sky, clouds and sunset or rise which ever it is. That is my two cents for whatever it is worth. I hope you post pictures when it is finished. It is a wonderful quilt. Good luck with it.

Archived