Help !!

Carrie Belle has decided to get ugly today. I'm having a hard time with tension. I thought of slapping her but the memory of what happened to Mary Beth stopped me in the nick of time.;) The first 12 inches or so are fine, Then I get eyelashes on the back. Of course I don't see it for a couple of turns. I'm using Angel Wings and all of the wings are lashed, straight parts are fine. I have a 4.5 needle and signature top and bottom. Any suggestions ? Oh, the rest of the rows are fine. Glenda

Its only happening on the curves. Your bobbin is a tad too tight. I would loosen that just a bit and give the needle tension a tweak tighter to pull that bobbin thread up into the sandwich. I just saw that you said the previous rows are good. Signature is very linty. Make sure you don't have a bit of lint in the bobbin case tension spring. I would still loosen it just a bit.

Check your bobbin case for a tiny piece of lint. Something is hanging up the bobbin thread so it tightens and pulls those eyelashes on the back. Take out the backlash spring, wipe inside the case with a Q-tip, and re-insert the spring. Practice off to the side, and I hope this is helps the problem. I use a 4.0 size needle usually, so I don't know if the needle size is affecting the tension quality. Good luck!

Archived