Cauliflower Potato Soup with nutmeg

Stagecl

This is another one of my favorite soups. Don't let the nutmeg scare you away as it is very, very mild. This also is quick to make and very filling.

Cauliflower Potato Soup with nutmeg

1 small onion, chopped

1 large carrot, chopped

1 Tbsp olive oil

2 cups vegetable broth

1 medium potato, peeled and chopped

2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces

1/2 tsp ground cumin

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1 cup milk or soymilk

In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, saute the onions and carrots in oil until the onions are translucent. Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, cauliflower, cumin, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Stir in the milk and with a hand blender or a food processor, blend half or all the soup until smooth. Return to pot, reheat and serve. Makes 2 large or 4 small servings.

Enjoy,

Cheryl

Shana darling do you want to send your hubby to my hubby and let them talk...he doesn't make dinner! LOL I told him my daughter and I won't be home for dinner tonight (going shopping for a gown for my son's wedding) and he say's, "Darn I really was looking forward to a home cooked meal." He does make coffee morning and evening and he makes breakfast on the weekend so I guess I can't be too hard on him. Dinner once in a while would be nice though! Since my daughter moved back home we are sharing a little of the cooking which is nice! She works full-time and is taking 12 credits for her last semester though plus trying to work out every day so I'm doing most of the cooking! When she wasn't home I would ask hubby which restuarant he wanted for dinner...not all the time but 2 times a week!

Coffee and weekends...hummmmmmmmmmm maybe I should have yours and mine talk....I don't even get a glass of water let alone food.

If its not made by me we starve...and if I'm not going to be here....its either I fix so he has a few days of re-runs or its take out for him....

SHANA....does your DH give lessons on food prep 101....I'm not looking for fancy, even a burger on the grill would be cool.:cool::P

That soup sounds really good. I bought a whole, cooked chicken at the grocery to make soup with, maybe I'll throw it in.

When we built this house, we bought a really nice stove to put in since we had the insurance money from the fire. I got a professional Thermidore and I love it. Dennis liked how it looked so much that he was going to cook on it. That was five years ago. To date, he's cooked taco shells and on occasion, saute's his own shrimp in butter. That's it...taco shells and shrimp. But...he can turn on the coffee pot and even make the coffee if I don't;)

To his benefit though, he does do all the outside stuff: chops wood, feeds horses when I whine about it being too cold or rainy, mows what passes for a lawn.

:D Oh you all are funny! Actually he does not cook often; very rare, but when he does cook he does a pretty gosh darned good job! In fact, about 2 weeks ago, he baked some salmon that had this honey mustard and pecan crust on top and do you want to say YUMMM-OOOH! on that! We ate the whole fillet in one dinner. And not too long before that he made this bean soup that had bacon and sliced granny smith apples in it. What? Weird! Apples in a soup? But it was OMG It was sooo good! LOL! He is so proud of himself. ;) But the cooking is rare occasion but after he made that soup he wanted to make more. What a cutie!

Shana calling from the quilting room: "Honey, let me know when supper's done and I'll be right over!"

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I WISH!!!

Archived