Let's Make Him #1...Again!

i emailed gorilla productions this am about the problems voting. here is my email & their response:

Eula: Your website says to vote often; however, when I try to vote, most of the time the vote will not take. Sometimes it will. I have followed the directions under Trouble Voting and it still does not work most of the time. I'm able to vote once a day most of the time but not every day. I use Firefox as my browser & it is up to date.

Michelle at Gorilla Productions: what should I tell this lady?

Matt (Business Manager of Gorilla Productions): She is allowed to vote once a day per band. Clear her browser cache if there is any issues.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear All: When we started voting this month, I sent a cordial email asking why the difference in voting , this is what I wrote:

Dear Sirs: I am trying to vote for one of the bands in your 25.000 contest. Last month's I voted, all was well. This month, using the same computer settings, everything, my vote often does not get counted. My friends are experiencing the same prolem. Is your contest still fair? Do all the bands experience the same voting concerns? To have such a different experience with only the change of Jan. to Feb. sounds and feels fishy. Please address these concerns, yu could have voters getting frustrated and feeling bad. Not what your web site is trying for.

Cont: today I wrote: Dear Sirs: This is the second time I am contacting you. You have changed you site to reflect the problems people have been having voting. Here's another twist: When I log on in the am, I do all the changes in setting you recommend, it still won't take my vote, BUT in anger, I try to vote for another band, and it takes it. SOMETHING IS CROOKED, If your site is unfair, you owe it to all to withdraw and explain, not just limp along on new voting procedures, hoping time will pass and nobody will care enough to call you on it. They just might... A voter suspecting a scam,

I am very concerned that there are too many oops, and that perhaps this contest really isn't on the up and up, but will continue to try and vote, often!!! Have not heard from them.....

p froelich

who did you email? i emailed michelle at 7:30 am & had a response by 12:30 pm. michelle emailed my question to Matt J. Vincik, Business Manager, matt.vincik@ohiowebtech.com

& he is the one that said we are only allowed to vote once a day per band.

Eula: I emailed dan @gorillaproductions.net, perhaps it never got to the business dept. but it was received by gorilla... I'm familiar with a lot of scams, I know the internet contests are not well monitored, and always skeptical when $$$ involved. I also know how many of the people on our site are trying to vote. I'll keep trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p froelich,

that's funny, because i started to email dan 1st, but decided at the last minute to send it to michelle & see what happens. i don't know about whether it's rigged or not, but supposedly you are only allowed to vote once a day now. not sure how some people are able to vote more than once from the same computer but at least they are staying in the top 10.:)

I agree this contest is totaly rigged.

BTW have any of you listened to the competitors music? Such as the 1st place band The Life of Riley? They are horrible...every song they had available on their play list on their website was worse than the one before. I don't see how this band made it to the top spot so quickly if it wasn't rigged. Xhaust is deffinately way better than that one.

Has anyone complained to the better business bureua yet? or is there an internet scam place to report such things to?

According to the rules everyone is only allowed to vote once a day. However, it was not blocking multiple votes and we were all able to vote every 2 hours. That was inthe semifinals and we got Xhaust in @ first place thbat way. Then when the finals started is where we starhed having problems being able to vote even once a day. If you tell them you are voting more than once a day they are going to ignore you. Stick with telling them you are trying multiple times to just get just one vote to stick. Don't tell them you are placing multiple votes. I did get 2 in today. If you try too close together it won't take it. Keep them at least an hour or so apart. You don't have to join the site or download anything. Just click the button at the top and then scroll down to their spot and vote.

Archived