Opportunity Quilt Done - 2 quilters - 2 machines

ramona-quilter

Our group made an opportunity quilt. Way more details are in two posts on my blog.

The story is that 2 quilters worked separately to finish this quilt. Another longarm quilter from

my church has a Statler Stitcher. I have a hand-guided machine.

We designed the quilting and submitted our proposal to the group and were selected to quilt the quilt. Last year's quilt made $3,400.

Regina, my friend, used her Statler to do the SID, that fancy border, SID around applique and

ghosting of the sunflowers. She really did all the work. Then she handed it off to me to use my

hand-guided machine to do the background fill.

I think the precision of the computer complements the freemotion of the hand-guided machine. :cool:

What do you think?

Of course, I totally want an IQ computer system on my machine now. :(

post--13461901217293_thumb.jpg

That is TEAMWORK at it's best. I love using the computer and my freehand together. When I first began using my computer system I could see the difference but in time my freehand skills improved and now it's a match made in HEAVEN.

Nice Quilt Linda. Very Nice.

Hugs to ya,

Grammie Tammie

Linda what a beautiful quilt. I love the design of the quilt and I was just at your blog site and your freemotion quilting really compliments what her SS'ing. You two are really the dynamic duo. I hope that you make some big $$ on this quilt. Thanks for posting the pic

Also, you are a great story teller Linda, I loved reading your blog. :cool:

Thank you all for your nice comments. It was a fun project.

Debbi - I know that you are excited about your new arrival. I can't wait to hear how it drives. And I bet you wouldn't let anybody near it for at least the first week.:D

Jeanne - I think the guild starts selling tickets during the March quilt run (San Diego Cruisin'). The drawing is not until October. We draw the winning ticket at 4 PM on the last day of our quilt show.

Linda,

What a fantastic looking quilt. I love it! You two did a wonderful job of making it "bloom". What is the pattern? I am a big-time gardener and quilter and would love to make one for myself at some point. You are two talented ladies. Keep up the good work. Wish I lived closer to go to your quilt show. Dar:cool:

Archived