I need your opinions please

My mom and I are piecing a stack and slash quilt made from various colors and my Dad's chambry workshirts. We wanted to do something special with his shirts. In each corner of the border we have put a shirt pocket and I will stitch a dump truck in one, a pickup, old tractor and a newer tractor in each of the others.

In the border I'm putting a tractor, corn stalks, barn, house and trees that look very similar to the ones we had. (I hope)

In the middle of the quilt I'm not sure what design to make. Is it better to keep the lines straight since there are no curves, or is it better to do curves? The two designs I've thought about are shattered glass or Baptist fan. I thought maybe the Baptist fan may look like a plowed field.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or any other ideas. I'm sure you've guessed by now that my dad was a farmer.

Thanks,

Love your idea--my mom isn't ready to cut up my Dad's clothing yet--I keep waiting for her to ask for help.

Anyway--here is one I did for a customer that wanted her quilt to look like the fields of Iowa from an airplane.

I did this all freehand--some random baptist fans and wavy parallel lines to look like furrows in the fields.

post--13461901271091_thumb.jpg

Archived