Help, help, help SR problem

Lib

This is a cry for help. The last number of times that I have turned my Millennium on, my stitch regulator won't move. I have been able to change the stitch length by using my little green button at the back, but today I couldn't get the stitch to decrease from the back. It did work from the front. A couple of days ago it worked by using my up/down button first.

I am at a loss to figure out what the problem is. My stitches once I get it working are fine.

Libby

It's because I don't have a life... that's way! :P

And because I love you guys....

And because all of my life I haven't been able to keep my yap shut...especially when it comes to giving advice. Blame it on the "oldest sister" syndrome. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

And I can't quit my day job cause they pay me too much to quit! Plus, I love my day job; it's wonderful. :P I love quilting, too. I can't wait to go to work each day, and I can't wait to come home and quilt each night.

Like I said, I don't have a life. ;)

I just finished packing up my Mille to go to Iowa for repairs again. The same issues with the SR. This is the second trip. I've asked that it either be fixed completely or replaced. We'll see. It sure is frustrating and disappointing.

The circuit board had to be replaced last time and it lasted just a few weeks before it started again. I've struggled with it since then and finally just got fed up, so back it goes. Fortunately the warranty is still good and the shipping was reimbursed last time. It is quite spendy to send in. I am hopeful for resolution. Now I have to decide if I take the new extended warranty out, another expense!!

Hi Linzi

No don't try to open it up. Just email Amy aanderson@apqs.com and explain the problem to her, she will probably get you to swap the front mushroom head with the back one to see if you have a faulty one and then send you a new one if you do. Otherwise its likely to be a bad connection at the plug.

If you want to try the swap before you email Amy, just twist the mushroom head side to side gently pulling upwards and it will come up and you will see a white connector plug, unplug it.Do the same with the diagonally opposite mushroom head and plug the one you think is faulty into the opposite connection and see if that works.

Good luck

sue in australia

I had a similar problem with the Go button on the handle in the back of the machine. I didn't bother with it for quite awhile because I rarely quilted from back there. One day I swapped it with the one from the front and sure enough, the problem was the mushroom head. I got a new one and all is well.

Archived