compuquilter question

Grammie

Curious me again.

Will CQ allow you to use say a daisy from one pattern and bear from another to create the Bear and Daisy into say a block. (probably doing a lousy job on this question)

OR:

Would I simple sew out one design reload another design and sew it out where I want it.

PS. Loving these designs by DEB. Does anyone know how well they stitch out? I have a big list!!!lolool

I have purchased several edge to edge designs from 'Design by Deb'. All the ones I have purchased stitch out beautifully.

Also recommend taking a look at Lorien Quilting. Hermione has some lovely designs that also stitch beautifully. www.lorienquilting.com. No doubt there are many otherdesigners whose patterns sew beautifully, I recommend these two from experience

As for your bear and daisy question, you can have up to 6 patterns loaded at any one time. I have placed a flower in the middle of a circle using different patterns. Set the designs up and size them first and be mindful where the zero (0,0) cordinates are, and remember to return the machine head to them before starting to stitch the 2nd design. I have also done this type of thing within the boundaries program.

Cherie in Australia

Thanks Cherie,

I understand totally. I'm ready for CQ. I've read the Manual and made a list of questions that are just to clarify a few things. I have a few quilts ready to go and Tomorrow I will be looking at doing my first hand applique quilt. I understand it has some nice open spaces and it is a wedding gift. The customer wants a custom level. I am very excited to see some of the feathers and trapunto shapes stitched out. Cant wait.

Archived