Grip Lite Clamps

Hi all I just wanted to let you know that I got these about a month ago and I really like them a lot. They are much easier to clip on and off and because the yare 6" wide they hold the backing very nicely. I bought two sets so that I have 12" held and that leads to a whole lot less problems with getting puckers on the back. I had one that broke mysteriously and I emailed the maker. I had a response in a couple of hours and they mailed me out a new clamp no questions asked! I hadn't even bought them directly from him, instead ordered from Kingsmen quilts. I love vendors that stand behind their product! Fantastic customer service! I had my replacement in 3 days. I think it was just one of those weird defects that caused it to break. They are very light but sturdy! I just wanted to share.

Here is the site for Kingsmen:

http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/Parts/GLClamps.asp

Here is the site for direct:

http://www.quiltersparadiseesc.com/Online%20Shopping/Longarm-Midarm%20Accessories.php

I have had these since last year during MQS. My friend Linda Card brought them to me and I love 'em. I use yard sticks to keep my base from hitting the clamps and have found that if I clip them on up-side down :o they hold the quilt flatter....does that makes sense...I know what I mean...but I'm not sure it computes on paper :o

I have a black and red set and love them. I went through many clamps and love these best. I use curtain rods also, my yardsticks kept falling off or moving. Mary Beth, I'm going to try your suggestions on using them upside down which does make sense.

Yes, I love my clamps. Sue and Mark own Quliter's Paradise in Escondido. They have a wonderful shop, big class room, rental Accu-Cut, rental longarm (Gammill).

Sue quilts and Mark makes tools that help sure quilt. I saw the clamps one day when I was in Sue's shop. I bought 2 sets, a red and a black. So lightwieght. I use the red set closest to the takeup roller and the black closest to me. The different color just helps me figure out where to clamp.

I heard from LindaR that these are available at E.E Schenk in Portland if you have a tax-id.

I am currently one of the longarm testers for another of Mark's inventions. It promises to make loading a quilt so much easier. That is all I will say. Patent is pending.

I was so disappointed when they did not show up at MQS - I buy a lot of stuff from them...in fact most of my supplies come from them.

The one thing about the vendors at MQS last year - that was disappointing was that no one had panto patterns - what's up with that?:o Not everyone is computerized.....That was one of the things I liked about Kingsmen...they had pantos.

I've been looking at these clamps on Kingsmen's website. They also have something called Feather Light clamps that they claim you can quilt right up to. Has anyone tried these?

Yardsticks or curtain rods under the straps? Is that how you keep from hitting the clamps? I've been taking them off when I get too close, but THAT isn't always a good idea!

Lore

Originally posted by LoreW

I've been looking at these clamps on Kingsmen's website. They also have something called Feather Light clamps that they claim you can quilt right up to. Has anyone tried these?

Yardsticks or curtain rods under the straps? Is that how you keep from hitting the clamps? I've been taking them off when I get too close, but THAT isn't always a good idea!

Lore

Yes, Lore, I have tried the Feather Light clamps. My hands are not very strong so the big orange clamps that come with the APQS machines are just too hard to use for me. Then I bought the Feather Light clamps and they felt cheezy, cheap and flimsy...sorry...I'm a tell ya what I think kind of gal :) But Linda gave me the Grip Lite Clamps and I really like them. They do grip and they are light weight and with a yard stick and the clamp upside down they work perfect for me.

"Then I bought the Feather Light clamps and they felt cheezy, cheap and flimsy...sorry...I'm a tell ya what I think kind of gal :) But Linda gave me the Grip Lite Clamps and I really like them. They do grip and they are light weight and with a yard stick and the clamp upside down they work perfect for me. "

That's why I asked! They looked flimsy - like they might not grip very well. I'll go with the Grip Lite clamps and yardsticks or curtain rods then! :)

Thanks! Lore

I had a hard time with them slipping off the edge of the quilt sandwich. The strap is not elastic so no stretch...when you clip them to the quilt sandwich, then fasten them in your little doo-hicky on the table...you have to leave some slack or them pull right off. Just don't like 'em.

Archived