Quilt Guild Yard Sale need Ideas

Our guild has a yard sale each June where they charge you ten dollars to set up a table to sell quilt related things. I thought of taking a table to show my quilting and give out cards. I have not done any customer quilts yet. I have been showing off some nice quilts at the monthly show and tell. I thought of using this as my coming out party. I'm nervous a little as other long arm quilters might be offended. I know they are all worred about their incomes with the recession. any ideas on specials or something to bring in business?

You are in business and if this is how you choose to promote yourself and your work, go for it. It is fair as long as no one has limited the number of folks able to display like items. Check for prior thread on offering incentives to repeat customers or first time ones. Good luck and may the thread be with you.

I think I would approach the booth committee to see first if they have a clause that will stop you from doing this...secondly to see if there are going to be more than one person with the same thought so you aren't setting up your booth next to hers....across the room would be a better place.

Take samples of your quilting and decorate your booth, but I would also have some quilty type stuff to sell....quilter pin cushions, quilted postcards, mini fat quarter pins (these are so cute and easy to make)...and you might even clean out your stash and sell some fat quarters.....just some ideas.

Archived