1/2 INCH FOOT

RUBO

I actually have several different rulers and am still looking for one I really like. I have the ones from Hartley that came with my extended base and 2 straight rulers from Linda Tayler. I like the ones from Linda better because they have lines on them so I can get lines spaced evenly easier than then ones that I got with my Millie.

I really think that you need to find one that fits your hand well. It seems that I see a lot of post about the Itty Bitty ruler which I have never tried. I like shorter that 8 inches and between 3 and 5 inches which because that is my finger spread. (I played the piano so I have a large finger spread....) I like to have my pinky off the template for control, but that is me. I have a friend that wants her whole hand on her ruler so she wants a much wider ruler that I do.

I have found that for me shorter is better. I get better control that way. I only have control between my finger spread.

Also I would not go out and buy a lot of templates or rulers. Get one or two and try them out and then add to your collection as you see what you do and don't like.

Archived