Burgoyne Surrounded

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all, but if you were all in my studio, you would find that it really all came together by itself. I used QD wool and bottom line on the bottom and ARC on the top. The customer wanted feather circles in the centers so that was a starting point. Learn a new trick (for me anyway) by using my circle lord to do the inner circle, I then figured how far out I wanted the feathers to go and stitched big basing stitched around so I would know where to stop. No marking! I did get stuck on what to do around the inner feathers, and because I use zippers, I was able to take it off and lay it on my bed to get the whole picture. You all know it never looks the same on the machine.

I know that small feathers are much easier to do that large ones, so I'm sticking to those small, lay back feathers from now on. Thanks again.

Wow! I phoned up a few of my friends and had to show them this stunning quilt.

Absolutely beautiful. I should send you pics of my quilts to tell me what to do!

We should set you up as a quilting consultant...

Those rulers do look interesting. Do they come with ideas or is there a DVD available?

-Debra

Oh, my and total agreement with all the other posts! So, so beautiful!

I'm with Shana, I've been quilting for four and a half years and I still consider myself a newbie. So much to learn.

I just finished a quilt and was really pleased with it but after seeing this one...well I think that I need to take lessons from you. Probably why I don't post pictures too often!:P

Beautiful work.;)

Archived