Burgoyne Surrounded

Joann,

OMG BEAUTIFUL!!!!!:D:D Great job and you are inspiration for me!

Renae,

I can't wait for your article. I have your arcs and rays, however haven't had a chance to use them yet. I keep your article on x hatching next to my machine. Works wonderfully. I have missed your articles in UP. Glad you're back!!!!!:P:P:P::D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm really blushing with all the compliments.

Renae, I can't wait to get my UP and read your article. These were my first cruved cross hatching and I was really winging it. I'm sure I'll learn so much from your article as I always do. Keep the articles coming, they are great. Hope to see you at MQS

my first response is ---- OH MY!! I love what you did on this simple little quilt..... you made it beautiful!! Awesome!!! Thanks for posting the photos, can't see how anyone would not have been very happy with this quilting!! Very cool!! :cool::D

That qult is unbelievable. I have the Judalator rulers that I got from Judy Allen. She is one of the APQS reps in New York out of Watertown. I would never believe that the rulers could help in making a Brgoyne Surrounded look so beautiful.

Charlotte

I can add nothing more to what everyone has already said. It's just one gorgeous quilt--plain & simple. It's as beautiful from the back as it is from the front. You've nailed the use of the judalator tool; your selection of quilting designs was perfect & well-executed for the spaces...the designs are balanced from one area to the next. It's perfect! Thank you for sharing such excellence with us.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Charlotte,

Thank you. Where in NY do you live? I live in Glenville NY, outside of Schenectady. I took my free lessons from Judy when I got my Millie. Funny thing she tried to sell them to me when I went to her house and just looked at them and thought "what the heck would I do with them". I was totally clueless. She is a great teacher.

Charlotte, I work in Clifton Park, Heidi Merrill lives in CP. We surely need to all get together and start a LA guild or something. I know we are all busy with our own work, but I think it would be fun once a month or every two. Maybe I'll have a girls night out at my house. I can squeeze two or three more people in my studio.

I live 5 minutes from the Joyful Quilter. E-mail me sometime beestitched@nycap.rr.com. Maybe we can squeeze in a cup of coffee.

you girls all living in NY makes me wish I still lived there, I lived in Colonie for awhile, but mostly in Potsdam. Still have relatives in Colonie and visit occasionally. If I ever get back up there I will give some of you a shout. Hope to meet as many as possible at MQX this year I will be there from Weds till Friday or Sat., where do people congregate is there a sitting or resting area where people hang out? First timer, I am looking so forward to it. Jeanne

• 4 months later...

Hi! I was talking to Ronda Beyer on facebook. I had seen a wonderful quilt that she had done and she told me about the Judalators ruler. I googled judalator rulers and this thread came up! My !! That quilt is beautiful!! I am seriously considering buying one of those rulers!! Any one else use them and could you show some more pictures of quilts you've used it on? JoAnne, you say you used the 12" on this quilt? are the spots you did it on smaller than 12"? thanks for the info! linda

Linda

I bought the rulers at MQX this past April and I am trying them out on a quilt I am doing now. they come in 12, 9, 6 and 3 inches

I bought the set as there was a discount for buying them all. Judy Beyer has a place on her blog that shows how to use them for the cirlce border. Not ready to post any pictures just yet but hopefully soon. I think they really make a quilt don't you?

I can't get my lower jaw to stop hanging open! How in the heck do you do something so beautiful and precise...FREEHAND?

Please tell me your customer fainted and dropped like a sack of mis-matched fabric when you showed her this quilt! She/he must be over the moon. You took a relatively simple design and made it...well, magnificent. The back is certainly as stunning as the front.

Well, I have to go beat my head against the frame of my Millenium right now. My machine and I were getting to be good friends...but I think I have to re-evaluate our relationship now. (just kidding...)

Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring.

Karen

Archived