Short Lived Employment

I well and truly understand the drama!! We all knew we were going to be made redundant, we just didn't know how quickly. We were expecting to be told something was up in December, not in September....... and since then it has just dragged on.

Geoff and I were supposed to take a three month trip around the world in June this year. As soon as I heard that I was made reduandant, I placed a hold on all our travel plans........ or so I thought. I am just a fraidy cat and was not going to spend any money at all!! EVER!! AGAIN!!! I was heading for survival mode!!

My package is very generous so Geoff has now planned a six week trip to the States. He bribed me with Quilt stores and Quilt shows! How could I resist?! We will also catch up with friends whilst there. Closer to our travel times, when I know where I am on what date, I would like to see if I can talk some of my quilty friends into having a cup of coffee with me!

I am also going to do a maintenance course with APQS, that I am making Geoff go to as well. The man will have to suffer!!;)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MB

Ditto to all that has been said already.

Does seem a costly and unnecessary process but Hey Ho hopefully you will know one way or another soon.

I remember how pleased and excited you were at landing the job and how much you needed the change for many reasons. I'm in no doubt that you will move forward positively with whatever happens and this will just be a part of life's rich tapestry.

Good luck.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I slept surprisingly well last night...like a rock as a matter of fact. I know today is going to be another tough one, and I will be glad when it's over. I did have a nightmare last night that woke me up at 4:30 am....but I dreamed that some blonde was wrapped up with my husband...she has less hair now :D:P:D:cool:

Oh, thank you God for my sense of humor!!;)

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I did have a nightmare last night that woke me up at 4:30 am....but I dreamed that some blonde was wrapped up with my husband...she has less hair now :D:P:D:cool:

Oh, thank you God for my sense of humor!!;)

I am glad I am not blonde. ;)I like my hair but it's getting gray...

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I did have a nightmare last night that woke me up at 4:30 am....but I dreamed that some blonde was wrapped up with my husband...she has less hair now :D:P:D:cool:

Wow, she was wrapped up with your husband and you were nice enough to give her a haircut?? :P;):P The people on this list are just too nice to be believed!!

Hang in there, MB. We're all waiting with you...:)

When I lost my job the whole store went out of business. We worked for three months knowing that we were loosing our jobs but had to stay for the severance package.

The knowing has to be much easier than not knowing. What I guess I'm trying to say is that I really feel for you.

Hang in there MB, you're in my prayers.

MB,

Just reading of your situation. Good thoughts and prayers are there with you. What a long, painful thing to put people through!

It is like spring at our school...our sup said he thought of giving us all pink slips and then hiring back who he 'needs' because he is not sure of the budget cuts. I say let him do it all because he is definitely paid enough!

Let's just all survive it so we can make the 'uppers' nervous. ;)

Blessings to anyone going through these troubling issues with work and trying to earn a living.

We just received a message from the "Big Dog" that was doing the letting go yesterday...They are finished for now. I dodged the bullett!!! That means...all of my paychecks will go to pay off any outstanding debt we have left so that when and if the hammer falls it won't hurt as bad.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. You don't know how much it helped for me to be able to vent to you all and know that you all are out there urging me on.

Bonnie, hang on girl....it won't be long until you and I will be chatting on the phone again ;)

Archived