speaking of curved crosshatching...

LOL!! Hi Renae!!

I am keeping it under wraps until it is finished but it's nice to know you are anxious to see it. Thank you!!

Originally posted by renaequilts

Sherry, I keep checking FB for photos to see this quilted. It will be gorgeous....come on....get going on it ;)...I can't want to see.

Just curious "dumb" question: Is that picture of a drawing, quilting, or inking? It looks VERY impressive! Doesn't surprise me, just wondering what I'm looking at. Sherry--you are definitely a genius in my book.:)

Curved crosshatching----and woven to boot! Awwwwwesome

Hi Bonnie

This is actually a full size mock up I created on paper to audition with the body of the quilt in process. After I draw my design element I color it with ink and run it through the printer to make copies. After I have all my copies I can tape them together and get a better idea of what I have. If some element doesnt work I swap it out with something else.

As I said before I ended up NOT using this particular border for the quilt in process but I will use it on something else somewhere down the road.

Hope that helps you understand my process. Holler if you have any other questions and thank you very much for your responce. It's really cool that you like what I do as much as I like what I do!!!!

quote]Originally posted by Boni

Just curious "dumb" question: Is that picture of a drawing, quilting, or inking? It looks VERY impressive! Doesn't surprise me, just wondering what I'm looking at. Sherry--you are definitely a genius in my book.:)

Curved crosshatching----and woven to boot! Awwwwwesome

Well now, if that border didn't make the cut, I can't imagine what DID! I saw some of the blocks in progress that Sherry designed this border for... They are beautiful, of course. She brought them to my home when I hosted her for a class in January - the first class of her Ink-Lique method. I just finished the quilting of the pattern she sells to go along with her pink Formal Feathers 101 book. It looks just fabulous from 3 feet away. I'm going to keep working on the motifs on that pattern until I can nail those little feathers more than one out of four! LOL

Teri in ID

Hi Teri

That quilt you saw in process has been shelved for now. I started a new one but it is very similar. Perhaps I will have to do a series since I now have 2!!

Hey, I am super proud of you for completing the Formal Feathers 101 pattern!! Get a camera and snap a picture, I wanna see it!!!

Sherry - you are such a tease!! I love looking at your work - beautiful!! And I agree with Teri, if this border didn't make the cut???......

Can't wait to see what you DID use!! :cool:

( I wonder what kind of beautiful goodies are stacked-up on your shelf......) ;)

Archived