NQR Just too precious for words

It has been so hot in South Australia for over a week...40+

degrees Celsius (104 degree Fahrenheit) everyday,

very dry also.

A guy at work lives at Maude. His wife sent him these photos

of a little Koala that just walked on to the back porch looking

for a bit of heat relief.

She filled up a bucket and this is what happened!

(Photos are dated 30 January, 2009)

http://community.webshots.com/album/565448903rEELAh

post--13461901393643_thumb.jpg

Sylvia, I just got off another post saying how much I always wanted a Koala when I was a kid, and then noted a new posting and opened it to your incredibly adorable photo. What a kissy face. Poor little pooh.

Dianne

I agree..."Poor Pooh"....now someone needs to change his wash water for rinse water....that little critter is a bit dirty....

I would expect like all wild critters, that if they are caught young enough and treated kindly, that they would make great company. Although I think the nails would need to be clipped or ground down a bit...that looks like it could be a nasty ready to happen. This one looks like a baby...or at least a young one...the wash basin isn't very big.

He is way cute. During the heat wave, we had a pair of ringtail possums wrapping themselves around out pool pump during the day trying to keep cool. We would gently spray them with cool water, and leave fruit for them of a night time. THe heat was unbearable. They made it, but a lot of animals died of heat stroke.

Koalas are beautiful but can be grumpy with extreamly sharp claws. We had a photo of my son with a pained expression on his face holding a koala....the koala was digging his claws in to my sons back. Found out after, Huge rip in his T-shirt. poor kid.

Anyhow, So very pleased it's Autumn :)

Very cute - I have held a Koala. He was very sweet but oh so stinky and his fur had lots of lanolin. It was at the reserve outside of Brisbane. There were so many people and the little guy was quite nervous. The keeper decided that I was a good candidate to hold the little guy and help protect him from having to be touched and held by too many crazy people. It was fun but sad at the same time. He needed to be put back in his cage and left alone. He did settle in my arms - almost went to sleep so I guess the keeper was right.

Guest Linda S

Aw! Did she mix him a cocktail and put an umbrella in it? He just needed a swimming pool. I think that's really neat that she helped the little fella out.

Linda

Archived