NQR resigned from my job today

Guest Linda S

Robin - sometimes it's better to be poor and have your health (less stress) than to have money and be anxious and upset all the time. Prayers for you that you do just fine.

Linda

I have to say it again...I love you guys! You know how you kind of have a knot in your stomach when you've done something you're not sure of? Mine is starting to loosen up and feel better. Your encouraging words have been wonderful. I do intend to get back to God as I have drifted away. I still believe. I just haven't been taking the time for Him. I will read some in my Bible tonight before bed. I think Jeremiah might be the place to start, PattyJo!

Bonnie, the Fort Peck Summer Theatre has been up and running for years. There is a picture on our website fortpecklake.com. They usually have three main plays throughout the summer and they have an excellent group of actors. You have to come see one. I think what you were thinking of was us opening a lodge. We do have a lodge at Fort Peck Lake that sleeps a max of 17 people. My LQS has scheduled a retreat for April 2, 3, 4, & 5th if anybody's interested and/or close by! There are still some openings! There is a picture of the lodge on our website, too. The picture of the lodge looks a little stark. I have to get some benches yet and add some personality. I need to paint the doors a color too, not just white. Well, I guess I'll have time now to paint.

Sandra, thanks for the info on the COBRA stimulus package, I think we got something on that last week in the mail. I will read up on that.

I think I can sleep tonight. I didn't sleep at all last night as my brain was spinning. I think I will go get my jamas on and read some of Jeremiah.

Good night all and God Bless You!

Robin,

I quilt a good paying job almost 3 years ago. I worked outside sales. My boss was verbally and mentally abusive. I was like an abused wife and kept taking all the cussing and yelling. I wasn’t used to it, my husband never treated me that way. I needed to make my part of the money to afford the things we loved in life (the lake house we live in.) To make a long story short, a young lady (about my kids age) came to work crying and told us that her dad (age 44) died of a heart attack that day, my age. He worked in a high stress job. I wrote a letter of resignation that day and put it on my bosses desk and left. I bought my millie for a hobby, but at this point it was going to have to try to make a living with it. I work part time, 12 hours a week, for a former employer and the rest of the time I quilt. I haven’t starved and we still live in our house. We’ve not been on any grand vacations and I’ve not bought any shoes or purses (I’ve got all of those I’ll need for the rest of my life). I’ve been the happiest I’ve been in years. After reading your post, I’ve decided I need to send my x boss a thank you note. It was the best thing anyone has ever done for me, and I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in my life.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Good Luck!!! Keep plugging away, you’ll be fine!!!

Jan

I took the day off after I gave my two weeks notice and went back in Friday. By the end of the day I was feeling really funny so I called the county health nurse and asked if I could come over and get my blood pressure taken. It was 168/88! I usually have low blood pressure like 115/70. Even when I was having babies (many years ago). It's pretty clear that I need to leave, don't you think? I still don't feel that great today, but I came home, had a wine cooler to try to calm my body down, which is something I rarely do, and then I had to clean the farmhouse as the people who were thinking about buying it were coming today to take a second look. It all went well and we signed a buy/sell! The plan is to close June 1 so now I get to do a lot of packing and that will be a lot easier to do without having to work around a day job. I think everything is all coming together.

The only big concern I still have is health insurance. I've always provided our insurance through my job and now we will have to find something affordable. Anybody know of a good affordable health insurance? Even something with a higher deductible to that you would be covered for a major operation or something. Sorry this is so long...thank's again girls!

:D :D :D:D

I resigned as of Jan 1st 2008 and it's the best thing ever. Yes, things are tight and I cannot do everything I'd like to do (like upgrade to a Millie) but I am so much more relaxed. And I had to tell the Dr that no - I was not sleeping when my blood pressure was taken - I'm really that relaxed. Hubby likes having me around to make him lunch before he leaves for work, or make breakfast, or run errands WITH him. It's wonderful. We're very happy. :P and for the first six months I slept in every day. Now I volunteer for the ACS and that gives me a great lift and I know it makes a difference.

Good luck to you - the first few months are scary and may cause some anxiety - but that passes.

All - I read this with great interest as my day may be soon. You've all offered such words of wisdom...you just never know who will need them and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Robin...thanks for sharing. It's a very scary thought...and they may have to let me go for me to realize that it's what's best. But I know my life would be better...sometimes I get so stressed I don't even like being around myself. Ever felt that way? That's why, like Susanne on another thread said, this chat is a "sanity savior".

Anita

Robin-

Good luck. So many are faced with tough decisions and times right now and many are hanging on to jobs that are not worth the stress because of our economy. I feel with you - have been on the verge of retiring for some time, thinking about it and imagining what it would be like. This past week has been a real 'killer', by last night I was beyond exhausted. I've spent most of the week thinking "Is it really worth it?" Know I am going to have to make a decision soon, good for you for making yours. Life is too short and too precious to not safeguard it.

Patsy in NE

Patsy,

You are right, life is too short! We all need to think about what is important, and our health is one of those things. I'm going to give my quilting a full time try, and I might do some interior painting. I know I'm employable if I can't make it on my own.

Thanks,

There is much to be said about how important it is to be in a good working environment. As my DH says, this is where you spend the majority of your time. The other is sleeping. If one is bad, so will the other be. I too just resigned from the new job I started just 6 weeks ago. It was horribly stressful and just sucked the life out of me. To say nothing of the abuse I was on the recieving end of. (Doctors can be sooo arrogant). I was lucky enough to be able to go back to my previous job, which I now have a whole new appretiation for. LOL. I know this must have been a gut wrenching decision for you, but I believe you have done the right thing. Life is too short and your health is so important.

Peggy

Robin,

CONGRATS ON SELLING THE HOUSE!!!

See!!!!! One by One, things WILL work themselves out! Reading the bible that night, might of just sealed the deal for you! You returned back to Faith, and Faith stepped in and started comforting.

Blessed be God Forever!

Quilted Hugs,

Originally posted by Robin

The only big concern I still have is health insurance. I've always provided our insurance through my job and now we will have to find something affordable. Anybody know of a good affordable health insurance? Even something with a higher deductible to that you would be covered for a major operation or something. Sorry this is so long...thank's again girls!

Each state has its own insurance requirements, or what they allow insurance companies to sell....In Nevada it was totally different than it is here in New York. Here we can buy a total family package for about $350 a month and EVEYTHING is covered...no deductable and they handle all the paperwork and you just see the ending result. We have it just for Siana and her insurance is $153.00 a month and so far I haven't had to pay for any surgery costs or meds. She had a $50,000 stay in the hospital this past fall with her knees...all I saw was the final paper work saying it had been paid.

I got this though the State....though the Wellfare office. Its not Wellfare related, but they had the information for Grandparents and parents who couldn't get insurance through a employer. I would think you could find something though the county health office there.

Peggy, why does it take nearly doing us in before we have to see the light and get out of situations? I am so glad you made your change back to your old job. Take care.

Sheri, you made me cry again, but then I have been a blubbering idiot for a few days now, what's one more!

and Bonnie, thanks for insurance info. We are researching but Montana sure doesn't have the the insurance deals that New York does. The insurance is the worst part of the whole deal, otherwise I would not be so worried about giving up the job. If you have anyting to lose, you have to have insurance. Will check into our state welfare office and the insurance they might have. Thanks.

Thanks to everybody who posted here for your support. You are the best!

Love,

Archived