needle up and down

Rebecca

:mad:I have a Millinuem I got in Feb. When using the Needle up down button the needle wll go down like it is suppose to but when i push it again to make it go back up most of the time it just keeps going up and down and sometimes It is hard to get it to stop. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca

Thank you for asking this question, Rebecca. And much thanks to Dawn & Debbi for the answer. My Millennium was experiencing this same problem on Saturday while an out of town friend was visiting. She had brought her quilt to be quilted during her weekend visit.

This Forum and your answers saved me alot of frustration and worked great the rest of the weekend.

Thank you very much to all of you at APQS (and others) for your help.

ps. We got the quilt done and she went home happy.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HELP PLEASE!!! My husband has been trying to find the "gold screw" for hours. I read these posts about the appendix and the subject to look for, but my manual has nothing in the appendix about this. I have looked at every single page of the manual. I am so frustrated and my machine is hanging open as we search for some mystery screw. Can anyone show a picture or a diagram. I must have an old manual. My machine is a 2006 Millie.

Joy

Before you adjust the needle up/down take off the side cover and make sure there is no thread wrapped around the flywheel. To adjust the up/down screw remove the two front screws each side of the top cover. Loosen the 3rd screw on each side but do not remove. Lift the cover about an inch and the adjustment screw is on the right side and is the only screw facing right all the others face up. Turn clockwise to slow down and ccw to speed up. Make sure the machine has been warmed up before adjusting. Put cover back down in place and try it. When it is to your liking replace the screws.

Nigel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived