APRIL MOXIE MEETING

Another idea--if anyone has a tool/pattern/panto/DVD/book they no longer want or need, bring it and we will have a swap/sale of "unnecessaries". Or perhaps post your unnecessary here and if a Moxie is interested they can contact you before the meeting and finalize the deal when we meet.

See you all in three weeks plus!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melora,

I am not sure if Brenda is going up or not, but I will probably come up from Portland so maybe you could ride with me. Linda, I am coming for sure! Let me know if you want to carpool. We could even meet some of the drivers coming up I-5 and ride together. Let me know. I am in gorgeous, 88 degree Palm Springs at the cutest little Boutique hotel. If anyone is planning on coming this way in the next couple of months, I have the perfect, adult only, no pets hotel you ever saw. Meanwhile, I am going to the pool. Catch up with you later.

Nancy

Nancy Jo,

I would love to drive up with you are you also coming back this way to bring me back home?

Thanks I appear to be the only hold out for the train.

Just let me know when and where would be the most convinant(sp) for you.

Thanks

have fun soaking up the sun

Melora

Originally posted by barbm

Count me in, Linda! I'll be coming from Leavenworth - might try to beg a sofa from my son in Seattle for Saturdary night - but I'll be there with bells on!:P:P:P

Barb- I've been a casual lurker here for awhile I think this might even be my first post.....

I just looked at your post and said "THAT'S BARB- NEWPORT BARB"

Anywho--if the couch doesn't work --I am in Bellevue with easy freeway access and would love to have you use my guest room.

Darcie- yes from EMC

Helloooooo, Darcie!!! Welcome to the chat, and yes, this was your first post. I just might take you up on the guest room - sounds a lot more convivial than my son's couch on a Saturday night! Would you like to go to the Moxie meeting with me? Just for the day - but you'd wind up missing church.....

Linda, thanks for the reminder. I didn't have it on my calendar after all. I'll be there and since I'm so local help with food. If anyone needs a place to stay, they're welcome here. I'm near Lake Tapps, north of Olympia. Although, come to think of it, one of my extra bedrooms is kind of a cutting room and the other is storing unfinished quilts and a design wall. You'd feel right at home, I'm sure.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jimmy, I never got one. Would love it. And guess what. I get to spend Monday with Blondie. Then I promised her I would come back and show her pics of our meeting. So, foot surgery or not, she'll get to attend by Proxy.:P:P:P:P:P

Melora and I are driving up. If anyone else wants to join us, my huge old SUV has room for 6 very comfortably and 8 otherwise. Let me know. We are meeting at Jantzen Beach to park. Patty Jo? You going?

Nancy

Having noticed some new members are from the Pacific Northwest, please be advised--ANY AND ALL ARE WELCOME AT THE MOXIE MEETINGS!!!! You don't need to own an APQS machine to attend--or ANY machine for that matter. We are all about sharing, laughing, encouragement, and food!! Sounds heavenly, huh?

Most meetings have been in the Portland, Oregon area and this is the first this far north.

Email or U2U me if you want to attend and I will send directions and coax you to visit, if necessary!!

Linda in Olympia WA.

Hi guys & gals,

I am not able to attend this time, I am laid up from a vascular surgery on my legs, *but* may I suggest an over night retreat at the beach?

I can work on the details & send out some ideas to ya all, it might be kind of fun to invade the city of Seaside where Linda N. lives! (Lewis & Clarks trail ended here & has a great board walk too!)

Let me know what you all think & I'll put together some proposals, i.e. hotel with conference room etc.

Lots O’ hugs,

Linda

Hi all,

Linda, sure sorry you can't make the meet in Olympia. Get well soon!!

You betcha an overnight here in Seaside would be great!

I'm thinking somewhere around the 26th of July will be the next meeting.

A few weeks ago I talked to Patty Jo who was also looking into a overnight possibility.

My studio is 1 block from the Prom and 4 houses from the Lewis and Clark Salt Works, part of the L & C National Park.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone in Olympia and talking about it more.

I have name tags for:

Nora, Barb M, Wanda, Sharon, Maxine, Nancy Jo, Darcie, Jill, Pat S and, Rosie.

Rosie won't be able to attend since her cut little Puppy is too small to be left alone that long but we will drop off her name tag.

Anyone else wishing a MMQG name tag please let me know.

Hi Lynda,

The tentative start time is 10 am and finish--whenever.

I think from 10 to noon we may mingle, talk, snack,do our "swap" (any tool/book/panto/etc you may want to trade or sell) and an hour of show and tell. Then lunch!!

Lots have expressed the desire to trek to Bayside for a shopping adventure. I need to know if this is a plan since the shop has only one clerk on Sundays and I would like to give them notice that 20 longarmers may descend upon them--they will bring an extra clerk over from the sister store for us.

Those that don't need shopping therapy can practice on the Milli and share new techniques.

I will have a make-and-take set up, if it doesn't rain!

If hubbys are coming, Den can direct them to the local Harbor Freight/Home Depot/Pub/Quilt shop?/ or they can look at Den's CG router set-up.

Tentative end time is 3 pm since many must travel far to get home. But you all are welcome to stay as long as you like.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you Linda,

I am always up for a trek to Bayside. Never fail to find something I can't live without.

No need to entertain my DH. He plans to meet a couple of friends for lunch and solve the world problems conversation.

3:00ish is perfect. We'll be home before dark.

Sure looking forward to seeing everyone again. See you Sunday.

Archived