HELP!! can't get long stitches

I hope this will be a quick fix/adjustment & I can't find anything in the manual about this issue. My SR is working except the stitches are all too short. The longest stitch I can get is 10.5 per inch (when set at 7) and the stitches get shorter from there. At the setting of 9, the stitches are actually 11.5 - 12 stitches per inch, etc. I have a 2008 Millie.

Definitely an Amy question. A couple of years ago I had a similar problem but only going in one direction. As I recall, there are separate adjustments for right/left and up/down, but that was a long time ago and my memory isn't what it used to be LOL.

I am finishing a quilt today - then can put a practice piece on and call Amy. Checked all the wires - replugged, etc. Checked and cleaned the encoder wheels - made sure I couldn't find any lint. The machine has always had stitches a bit small - it is just getting worse......... thanks for all your comments. I am glad that it could just be an adjustment issue - would be a very happy camper and on my way again.

Ok - this is the deal............

I love APQS - they are so helpful and we can get so much done on the phone. Christie called this am - but told her I had to get a quilt off before we could get to work. Had to get the quilt I was working on off and put a practice piece on. She called back at 1 pm my time and we got going. Did you know that you can calibrate your stitches by just turning these little teeny tiny knobs on these little blue towers on the 2nd board from the back when you open up the back of your Millie (mine is an 08). We went back and forth turning these little tiny knobs and quilting 3" squares including the diagonals. From getting a minimum of 10.5 stitches per inch, I have now gone to 6.5 st. per in. Yeah. We still have more work to do because we were not able to get the diagonal st. per inch to match up with the left/right, up/down. Christie needs to talk to the 'board' guy (he had left for the day). I may in fact have a bad board. But for now, I am so much happier - stitches better & the tension is also better. Christie will call back Monday afternoon after talking to the 'board' guru and we will finish up. I am very pleased for now - especially knowing that APQS/Christie is trying to get things perfect!!!!!

I was able to finish the quilt on my frame and now will put another one on tomorrow!!! Will keep you posted. As an added note - I know why they don't put this in the manual, but with guidance, it is a very easy process - just tedious.

thanks APQS & Christie. :D:D:D

Archived