New Member and ? about Lenni

Hi everyone

First I would like to say hello ,and say what a great forum you have. I love reading all your posts, and am learning lots, and spending my pennies on the books and DVD's that have been recommended.:D

At present I quilt with a Shortarm, but have fallen in love with the APQS machines.

I am looking at the Lenni or possibly the Liberty, as I am only a novice quilter and do not have room for the Millenium. (Wish i did though:D )

Would someone mind telling me what I would lose by going with the Lenni as opposed to the Liberty.

I can see that all of the controls are on the handles to operate the Liberty, but the Lenni has only 2 buttons that i can see on the handles.

One important thing for me is the Stitch Regulator.

On my shortarm with the Stitch regulator the machine keeps stitching when you stop moving. Is this the same for the Lenni ?. or does the Lenni only start to stitch when you move. ?

I really hate the fact that my machine keeps stitching when i stop, as sometimes my fingers just does not get to the button quick enough, so I do not feel in full control.

Looking forward reading your advice, and thank you in advance for your help.

Happy Quilting

Kath in the UK

Hi kathy,

The Lenni is a stitch regulated machine. We manufacture our own stitch regulator which is built in to the electic circuit, it is not an add on to the machine. And yes, our regulator only works when you move the machine and stops when you stop! The Lenni and Liberty are the same size machine (20" throat), but the Liberty has all the functions built into the handles much like the Millennium and goes on a sturdier table frame like the Milli. The Lenni goes on a little different table frame which helps us keep the cost factor down. :) And it has some functions in the handles and some on the machine itself. You will get a little more quilting space with the Lenni since the fabric rollers on the table frame are not as large as on the other frame. Our new machines now come with an 8 year warranty which is huge in the industry! Let us know if you need anything or have any other questions that we can help you with!

Take care,

Mark

Kathy

I am a Lenni Lover, so take that into account when I say that as a hobbiest I think this is the most bang for your buck. Lenni has a stitch regulator simple setup , 10 ft table, no lifts or power advance for fabric. it is a basic heavy duty sturdy table and a quality machine. It cannot be used for computerized setup. It actually has a larger quilting area because of the table setup than the Liberty, although the machines are the same size the Lenni has more quilting area.

On the Lenni and all the others as well the when the stitch regulator is on the machine only stitches when it is moved. You can use it with or without the stitch regulator. On the Lenni the white button is for needle up and down and the green button is a start / stop button. very simple to use. I also had a short arm without Stitch Regulator and there is just no camparison. I will let someone else brag about the Liberty as they would know more about that than I do. I am just a happy satisfied Lenni owner.

I have both a Millie and a Lenni, and I think the Lenni is a wonderful value for someone doing this as a hobby, or a starter business.

The Lenni doesn't have channel locks, which the Millie does, but this is easily overcome by using small pony clamps around each side of the wheel that you want to lock.

If/when you want to get a computerized model, trade in your Lenni and get a Millie. These machines really hold their value.

Good luck!

Julia

I too have a Lenni. Had I known I would have enjoyed using a long arm so much, I would have considered a different machine like the Liberty. Lenni does fit my needs and I do like it.

The Liberty table would be nice to have. You can't lean on the Lenni table like you can with the Libery table. You get a horizontal lock which might be nice and you do get a bobbin winder with Liberty.

Lenni does not come with a bobbin winder of any use. So if you get a Lenni, you will have to find a bobbin winder to use. Lots of suggestions on the forum on winder options.

Don't get the Lenni table that comes apart - the 10 foot solid Lenni table is better.

Thank you so much for your help and advise. it is very much appreciated.

Right now, i would love to just go order the Lenni or the Liberty, but I am in the process of putting my house up for sale.

It is going to hard to wait,till the house is sold and I move,

My main priority will be making sure I have room for which ever one I choose.:D

Thank you once again

Happy quilting

Kath in the UK

I too have a Lenni and love it. your physical condition should also figure into the machine features you need. the rollers for me were very hard to turn without pain, or causing pain after several advancements.. thus the fabric advance would have been a "must have" not merely an option. Hubby made a set of handles for the takeup and bottom rollers, much easier for me. he also reinforced the carriage, since it was sagging, partly our fault and partly not. lol.

I'm told the Liberty as well as other machines, I've no knowledge on Lucy, weigh more than Lenni, so she's easier to move around to an extent.. depends on how you have your wheels set for ease of rolling.

I second the one piece table, better track for the machine carriage to roll on, and I think a little more room under the carriage for things to lay, like scissors, tools, etc.

Good luck in your decision, if possible try them out, and see/feel the difference.

RitaR

Hi Kath,

I too have a Lenni (and a Millennium) and agree with everyone that the Lenni is a great machine with all the basics like stitch regulator, needle up/down and single stitch function. I have the 2 piece table and have had no issues with it other than it is really heavy. One major difference between the Liberty and the Lenni is the wheel orientation. Lenni wheels are vertical and the Liberty wheels are horiztontal. I love my channel locks and use them all the time, so I like the fact I can use them at a push of a button on my Millie...Liberty has them available at a push of a button too. No built in channel locks on Lenni, but you can devise a way of using clips to hold the wheels in place therefore making your own channel locks.

Make a list of the features most important to you and go from there, and as Mark mentioned above all our new machines now come with an 8 year warranty!

Hi RitaR and Nadia

Thank you for your help. I would love to go try out the machines, but sadly here in the UK there is only one dealer, and I think they only have a Millenium and George setup, and they are a rather long way from where I live.

They do come and set them up in your home though, which is good.

Another question if you dont mind:) What is the stitching space on the Lenni and the Liberty. I cannot seem to find any info that.

Aslo how does the takeup pole and payout poles work ? are they on a rachet system, or something else

Happy Quilting

Kath in the UK

Hi Kath,

I will email you pictures of what the set up looks like on my Lenni and Millie, on the Lenni you manually roll the rollers and hand tighten large turn knobs on the ends. On my Millie I have a power fabric advance (very nice option), or you can manually roll the rollers if you do not have the power fabric advance.

The stitching space on the Lenni is 15" and I believe on the Liberty 12", I will confirm that.

Will send pictures later today.

Welcome Kath!

I have a Milli which is great but I admit that it does have features that I don't actually use. It is also a large machine...

You can get smaller tables. I have a very big table because I have room but I believe the table can be just 10 ft long (but just as wide)

You should consider what type of quilting you want to do mostly... customer basic, pantos, fun and freehand, for yourself, show???!

You will get lots of advice here.

I have applied to be a Sales Rep for APQS in Scotland - one dealer for the whole of the UK is not enough!

Try to go and see quilting midwife's Lenni - you MUST get your hands on these machines to see which you like the best.

LINZI

Hi KathG,

After lots of research on the web I am also looking at an APQS machine, :cool:but still keeping my options open as I am going to Birmingham this year to look at Long Arm Quilters.

The Lenni is looking favourable as I don't have room for a Millie so says my other half, LOL.

Linzi,

When are you hoping to become a Sales rep for Scotland?

Tracy.

Hi Linzi,

Would be delighted to touch base with you at Birmingham or before. First day of show my OH is coming to look at machines with me, only because I might come back with a machine that won't fit in the house!!!!!!! and also to see what the best deals are. The Friday I am at the show on my own. If you are to the Loch Lomond Show we could arrange to meet up. I know the Ladies that run the show quite well.

There are several Longarm Quilters in Scotland but they don't APQS!

Kath,

It would be nice to meet up. Are you going to B'Ham I originally hail from that side of the country a bit further down the coast, but I class Scotland as home as I have lived here 23 years.

Linzi,

Will try to send a U2U with my contact nos.

Tracy

Archived