New Member and ? about Lenni

Hi Everyone

It is lovely to see so many UK quilters

Chris Thank you for the welcome, Yes you are a bit further down form me. Sadly i am not to good at travel, unless I have a chauffeur (one of my kids:D) But if I ever get down your way it would be great to see your Lenni.

Hi Tracy

I would love to get to Birmingham. I also would love to be able to afford and fit a Millie into my home, but that is not going to happen unless I get a lottery win :) like you after lots or research on the web I keep coming back to the Lenni. If i do get to go to Birmingham It would be great to meet up.

Hi Linzi

Thank you for the welcome. I think fun and freehand for me. As I am very much a novice. I will be quilting mainly for myself family, friends. I have quite away to go before I would ever attempt customer quilts if ever.:)

It would be great if you got a dealership for APQS.

Your Studio and Retreat sounds like it will be wonderful, and I would love to visit you next time I mange to get up to Scotland. my mother in law lives in Keith, just about 50 miles from you.

for now I will go back to dreaming about getting a Lenni:D

Happy Quilting

Kath

Hi Kath! Keith to here is an easy trip so do let me know when you are nearby.

My travel plans so far this year are OEQC Holland at the end of this month, LLQS in May, Quilters' Guild weekend in Stirling end of June, (family trip to England in late July/early Aug - have to go with them sometimes!), FOQ in Birmingham in August... can you see a pattern developing here?

Apart from the odd other quilting day out here and there I'm right here quilting up a very large tent, checking the porkers, chooks, rabbit killing dogs, drinking gin in the other yurt... so come and visit!

Same for anyone else who fancies coffee & muffins, tea & scones, gin & tonic!;)

Hi Linzi

You are definately going to be busy. I had a look at the web site for the OEQC Holland. It looks like a good venue. Are you entering any of your quilts ?.

Hopefully I will get up to visit my mum in law sometime in the summer, so I would love to call in and meet you.

Coffee & muffins, tea & scones, gin & tonic all sounds great :)

BTW I love reading your Blog.

Unfortunately it is quilt show season and LLQS always seems to clash with something - tell you what, next year you go to Scotland and I'll go to MQS! I want to know ALL about it.

I have entered something for Holland but am not showing it yet since Claudia is a judge...

Thanks for reading my blog, Kath. I had to increase my bandwidth so somebody must read it!

Hope to meet up with all the APQS Brits at FOQ this year!

across the channel!:D

Hope to meet you soon:D....either at the European Quiltchampionship end of this month or in Kansas a few days later!:cool:

I´m really looking forward to - both are great events, I´m counting the days!

Chris...we will have fun again in Kansas;)

Kathy.....a heartly welcome to the Longarm-family....you will make the right decision which maschine you ever will choose:D

Linzi.....Don´t worry to publish a picture of your showquilt....I will close my eyes:cool:.....promise!!!;) I´m really curious to see it in Veldhoven/NL

Have a great day.......

I´m still putting Swarowski Chrystalls on my project:cool:

Claudia

Hi Claudia

Thank you for the welcome.

I spent a pleasant time last night veiwing your web shots albums.

Your open house albums with APQS looked great fun

Regards

Kath

Originally posted by ClaudiaPfeil

across the channel!:D

Kathy.....a heartly welcome to the Longarm-family....you will make the right decision which maschine you ever will choose:D

Claudia

• 6 months later...

I am looking at purchasing a 2 year old used APQS machine(LIberty), privately,not used for a buisness, no warranty. What kind of problems could I have? Will I still be able to tap into the APQS help line? Will the dealers help me with servicing if I didn"t buy from them?I'm a little nervous.

Originally posted by BCQUILTER

I am looking at purchasing a 2 year old used APQS machine(LIberty), privately,not used for a buisness, no warranty. What kind of problems could I have? Will I still be able to tap into the APQS help line? Will the dealers help me with servicing if I didn"t buy from them?I'm a little nervous.

YES....To all your questions..... There will not be any warranty, as they aren't transferable, but you will be able to tap into the forum for help as well as call/email directly to APQs for help with any problem. I would expect any dealer to help you with servicing, but I don't know how the cost structure works there so that would be a question for a dealer to answer, but as long as its something that they can do, it should be covered...regardless if it was purchased from APQS directly or a dealer directly. And you always have the option of sending your new baby back to the corporate office for a Spa Date if your worried about something.

Being nervous is a normal thing....you get over it after awhile.

• 1 month later...

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Hi, I am the proud new owner of the Lenni. She arrived Tues. The rest of the setup will have to wait due to a missing wheel for the bottom encoder. :( But that's ok. A big thanks to Heidi who emailed me this morning to let me know It will be shipped out and I should get it next week. :) This forum is great! At least I have some very good reading to do while waiting.

Archived