Using my new toy!!

LinneaMarie

I finally went ahead and got the Circle Lord!

What a pleasure to work with Michael and Kay!!

Michael even figured out why my edgerider wheels were not as smooth as they should be!!

The Circle Lord is easy to use and the directions are very easy to understand!! I LOVE it!!:D:D:D

I got the Aztec, Gingko, large crosshatch, Swirls, Baptist Fan, and Square Dance.

So far I've used the Swirls on two quilts. It goes sooo fast!!:P:P

Thanks for a great product!!

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

I just used the "easy payment plan"!!

It is an easy payment plan!! Too easy!!!;)

I'm glad you are loving your new toy! And yes, the quilting goes so fast. I am using the 7 Wonders template right now on a quilt and did another quilt yesterday using that same template...I love it when I can whip through them like this.

• 4 weeks later...

Linnea, How is your new toy working out for you? I just received mine today. It's still in the box. I'm hoping to get it set up this week and try it out. Very exciting. I'll probably spend the next few evenings going through the manuals that came with it.

Dianne

Hi Dianne!

I LOVE it!

It does take some getting to know it! I really love the big templates. I haven't used the basic too much, it's a little more intimidating to me. I'm hoping to see it in real live action at MQS. I did try the circles feather and the medallion, but they both moved around too much. I have to see about tightening those down better.

I am actually down to 2 quilt tops! I'd better get busy and make some more! lol

How is that fabric working out for you? Have you used any yet? I want to list some more today.

Happy quilting:D:D

Linnea

Sandra, I'm actually a little overwhelmed. I looked at the manual while in bed last night. I knew that I had to attach the shelving rail to my table but I guess it didn't sink in that I was going to have to get out the drill and drill holes into the table. I think I might have to go and get some bits for the drill. Attaching the slide arm to the cross bar looks like it's going to be interesting. I haven't actually looked at the pieces in the box, just the manuals. I kept thinking "why can't someone live near me?"

When you use it for quilting, do you just use it to fill in empty blocks or can it be lined up for an overall quilting the way a panto covers a quilt? I know that I've seen the swirls covering a top but what about designs made with the Ginkgo and Aztec templates?

Dianne

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

It does take some getting to know it!

I haven't used the basic too much, it's a little more intimidating to me.

I did try the circles feather and the medallion, but they both moved around too much. I have to see about tightening those down better.

Okay, wait a minute.....

First....Just get it on the table with practice fabric and get busy. That is how you get to know the CL ;)

Second....there is nothing in the world to be intimidated about. This is the easiest tool you will ever own.

Third...It moves around too much :o I don't think I understand that one. There are holes around the edge of the template. Are you putting the pin into the hole? So that you have the template on the center post of the base then there is a little pin on the edge of the base that you put into the hole on the tempate. Are you doing that? It doesn't move around when you do that.

Yes, I'm using the pin on the base. It just seems to "bump" out of whack, and then things don't line up with the previous pass. It seems as though the base should have something under it to level it. Like it's not completely flat on the table. I mean the base plate; from the extension swivel arm. maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing. i think the whole thing is moving just a tad. Maybe I'm pushing too hard. Even with making circles with the squircle, when I come around to close the circle it's off a bit.

MQS; 14 days for me! Can't wait to meet you!:P

Linnea

Linnea, I also got the circle feathers template. I would be thrilled to be able to make feathers like that freehand but it's never going to happen. That was the template that finally sold it for me, although I was very impressed with Ginkgo and Aztec. I have a pile of tops here that really need to be addressed and I'm hoping that this new toy will help me plow through them.

I haven't had a chance to use any of the fabric that I purchased from you yet. I just finished some tops that need to go to Australia. Now I need to start the blocks for the 1930's swap. I hope to have them in the mail by next week. Also I'm planning on making quilts for my 3 kids, one leaves for college in August. I have a Jewel Box quilt that I'm in the middle of, then I can get to using some of that wonderful fabric that you sent me.

Dianne

I told my DH that I need to come to you all and help you with your CL...mostly because I love to travel...because honestly, when you start using this you are going to realize...shhh...you don't really need me ;)

Wow, I just noticed, you two live in the same place....

Linnea - So glad you finaly got the CL. You're gonna love it.

Dib -- I also thought the price was too high before I got mine. But, the material used in the product is almost industructable. The way it fits together is wonderful. Nice and tight. The quilting looks awesome when completed, and I can do quilts much quicker using the CL. Sooooo, because quilting with the CL. is so fast, you not only get your quilts out faster, you can pay for your templates quickly. I have always said I should have gotten the CL sooner. Also, I have to be careful answering people about the CL as I don't ever look at the directions. I just put the templates down and go for it. (that's how easy they are) Have fun Linnea

Originally posted by lyonden

Also, I have to be careful answering people about the CL as I don't ever look at the directions. I just put the templates down and go for it. (that's how easy they are) Have fun Linnea

I do too...I've been trying to make myself read the directions first, but it's hard to do that because I want to get going.

I am still interested in the Circle Lord although I found the class I took at Innovations in 07 way too complex and back then I decided this was not the way I wanted to quilt. I love the swirls pattern though. But, buying all those board for something that is called a Circle Lord confuses me.

I already have the Quilt EZ stylus and one template that does circles. But no long connecting board templates.

I would like to see some Circle Lord quilt pictures from all of you that use the basic unit that does all the circle designs or examples of what you use it for---see, I told you I was confused to what the overall purpose of it was. :(

I have the CD and what I learn from watching it is making spiragraph type designs on whole cloth quilts---but, most of you seem to have template boards that connect and then you follow with a stylus pantograph style.

Can't I just do that with my Quilt EZ? if I buy template boards?... I think pictures of what you do with the Circle Lord on your quilts would be so helpful. Please include pictures of how you have the Circle Lord set up on your frames to make the designs as well.

Spirals are great looking---but, what else are you doing? :) and how often do you use your CLord?

Thanks---

Angie,

Have you been to the Circle Lord web site? Michael has pictures and videos of how the procuct is used and quilts that were quilted using the CL. Even one of my quilts is on his site. If I can make something good enough for someone to put on their web site you know the product has to be easy to use and does a great job.

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

I've visited there many times, and watched my DVD again. I just have a few CL long templates I would be interested in. The Baptist fan, and the Swirls.

(gulp)---That would cost me a bundle! (gulp)---so, and since I just spent a chunk of change on the AccuQuilt cutter, I think I'll pass.

It was fun watching all the various videos and looking at the completed quilts. I had not visited the blog for a long time.

I think if you are quilting as a business and doing a lot of quilts this would be a great investment. Since I'm not, I'll just live vicarously through all your quilting! :)

Thank you, though----

Angie,

Not trying to push...you can click on my webshots and then click on the file that says Circle Lord. I try to put all quilts that I have done with the CL in that file. However, I sometime use a little something CL on almost every quilt...but the majority will be under that file.

Also, on the CL site there is a list of quilters on the left side of the screen, (I think). You can click on any one of those quilters and it will take you to their work....you will see some pretty great looking quilts.

Archived