Jogging button is frozen...

CarolO

Something new. My jogging buttons on the CQ all of a sudden will not move. I can't change increments so I can move the machine, and the buttons on the numbers pad won't work either. I checked the number lock key and that wasn't the problem. I turned the computer completely off thinking that would help, but that didn't work either. Everyone is gone for the holidays so thought maybe someone on the forum may be able to help.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so what did you do to get it going again?

Thanks.

Carol in Amarillo

If you accidently use the arrow keys instead of the keypad arrows, nothing will work after that. So you have to open the jog screen with the mouse and use that at least once. Then the keypad arrow keys will work again. Same anwser as Donna.

Sometimes my wireless keypad loses it sync and has to be reset. Also if I'm working at the other end of the machine I have to tilt the keyboard to get the wireless to work at times, so maybe my batteries are going too.

Carol,

Try this. Sometimes my jog will not work either. What I do is I go back to the set-up page by pressing the "U" button and then go right back to the execute page by pressing the "X" button. This seems to do the trick every time. Regards, zeke...........

Thanks everyone for all your suggestion. No only does the jog button not work, now my keyboard doesn't work at all. I have a regular key board as well as a wireless. I use the regular key board when I am close to the computer and the wireless when I am at the other end. Neither one works. I have tried all your suggestions, but nothing works so guess I will have to check with Butch on Monday morning.

Again thanks and Happy Easter.

Carol in Amarillo

Hi Carol

Since the keyboard isn't working I guess it has now become detached from CPU, even if only a little bit.

Turn the computer off. Then check that the connections to the keyboard that is the extension lead is plugged into the back of the CPU firmly and also where it joins the lead from the keyboard is nice and snug.

Now turn the computer on and wait for it to load up.

Then make sure the num lock button is lit, and your motor power box is on, then try to jog.

Sue in Australia

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who have responded to my problem with my jogging button and keyboard.

I found out that my keyboard was defective. I took the keyboard down to Office Depot to check out and the told me that MicroSoft hardware has not been that reliable, especially keyboards. He then sold me a Logitech and it works perfectly.

Carol in Amarillo

Quilting by Carol ;)

Archived