Quilt with pictures

I took a class with Karen McTavish in Lancaster back in 2006. That is the method I use for feathers. I do use the stitch regulator because I just hit those curves too fast and the stitching is not consistent. The stiffer feel gives me more control, also. That's what works for me.

Sheri, if you click on the pictures, it should take you to my picassa album.

Yes, I do the bump-bump kind. On this particular quilt I used the EZ quilt to make a circle for the vine (first time I did it with this quilt and I think I should have made it a half inch bigger - live and learn). Having a perfect circle is a tremendous help in getting the whole wreath to look good.

Kristina,

I have been "ripping off" ideas from this forum for a couple of years now. I suppose it is time I give back a little. :)

Most of the sewing I do is clothing. I belong to a pattern review website and glean so much information from there and I have done one pattern review, which is shameful. I made easter dresses for myself and my daughter and I plan on taking pictures and reviewing the patterns.

Thanks for sharing your picture. The quilt is lovely - such pretty feathers. I hope to take pictures and be brave enough to post some here sometime soon though my quilts are pretty ordinary. There is so much inspiration on this forum and it's motivating me to give some of the harder techniques a try. Thanks to all who have shared their fabulous work.

Archived