Newbie wanting to know about batting

I'm not able to help you with your questions as I've not purchased rolls yet, but I wanted to welcome you and congratulate you on getting your Lenni...how exciting it is.

I'm fortunate to have family that lives near Quilters Dream factory in Va Beach Va, so I save on shipping...which tends to be a large part of the cost these days. Someone in your area will speak up, I'm sure.

When is you Lenni scheduled to arrive? Are you new to LA quilting?

Anita

I agree with Kay on that one...see what feels best to you after trying out different ones. Everyone has different favorites for different purposes.

I didn't mention that I prefer the QD blends (70/30, I think) as opposed to the 100% cotton. The blend doesn't stretch as much when loading it and the stitches show up better in my humble opinion.

Anita

I've tried carrying Warm and Natural but seems my customers prefer to bring their own. I buy Soft n Brite from Walmart. It's 90" wide, comes on a roll and is the Warm Co.s poly batt. I love it because it has no stretch, soft and drapable and no lint. I also started getting (I believe) it's from Fairfield, a packaged batt called Air Soft.....or something like that. I get the 100 x 110 and what I love about it is that it has a scrim on both sides and very soft.

Oh don't be scared to death! You will have so much fun and especially since you have a shop nearby!

I prefer Quilters Dream. I have rolls of Poly Select, Dream Puff (one of my favorites because it is light weight but warm) and Hobbs 80/20. I love Dream Wool as well but I don't have a roll of this yet. Hobbs is my least favorite but when it behaives I like it. I end up with batting pokies sometimes with it and that just drives me crazy! You should get a sample of different batts before you buy a roll. Batting is as different as choosing your favorite flavor of ice cream...everybody has a different favorite!

Archived