CQ Retro fitted

Grammie

Today my CQ was retro fitted for my Vera Mae (Milli) and I cannot say enough about it so far. Chris just left and WOW he is a wonderful person and teacher. Great at this job!! Tomorrow is our training day and I just dropped in to share and back to practicing I go. It is wonderful.

I will admit that there is something unsatisfying and that was the feeling of watching it do such a beautiful job. What I mean by that is I get a great deal of pleasure in freehanding my quilts and I did have a moment that I felt sorta left out of the process and at the same time it is amazing how easy it is to go to freehand in seconds.

I am so excited about my future choices and the service I can provide my customers at this level. Wow.

Think I'll count my blessings and just enjoy this wonderful Quilting tool. IT IS AMAZING!!

I really want that Liberty now for sure! l lololol

Wish me luck. Tomorrow I have to really ready with lots of questions. This guy will be difficult to STUMP! LOLOLOL

Have a great night everyone.

I love MY APQS and now my CQ!

Hi Tammie! I am sew glad to hear that you are having fun with CQ! It really is quite an amazing tool, so fear not, you have the option of incorporating the many, many perfect designs when need be! :cool: I remember the first time I did a Double Wedding Ring quilt by hand,:mad: now I can easily duplicate *perfect* designs in record breaking time! Ka-Ching!$$ :) I just spoke to Chris & he *thoroughly* enjoyed his time with you both, he wished he could stay in the warmer weather with you a little longer, but his "to do list" is growing at home! LOL! Please let us know how things go for you & if you have questions you know where to ask! Happy Quilting! (name removed) & Chris

Hi Grammie

How was your day? I hope you had lots of fun.

I think we all miss the hands-on part of the quilting process at first.

I really enjoy letting my CQ do the pantos which I found a little boring before while I catch up on paperwork or housework and then when CQ has finished the pantos for the day, I have a finished my other chores and I have the time to do the creative work I struggled to find time for before.

Looking forward to hearing more about your are getting on.

Sue in Australia

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I do love this CQ. I am having difficulties with the corner insets and Chris did a great job going over the CQ with me. I thought the corners were simple. Went to do one and my MIND IS BLANK. What's new.

Also I haven't got as pretty a stitch as I have with freehand. I have dabbled with the motor speed and stitch length an it is too small or it appears too loose on the top. Can anyone tell me what is average on this? Do you keep the same setting all the time or do you change them for certain designs?

Frogging these small stitches are well should I say "Well no I won't say it" but you know what I mean. lol

I just placed an order with Deb Designs and they should be here any minute. I am looking forward to having some QUALITY designs.

Linda thanks for everything. Chris is real Gem. He was super and we really enjoyed having him at our home. He is great at this stuff. I was most impressed and so was Lee.

Ok. Back to finish some quilts.

Have a great night everyone. and Thanks again.

Myrna we had to remove my Hartley and that was really hard for me. I love my Hartley. I will keep it though because it will come in handy with my Liberty when the time comes. I was getting really good at using it. I still do not know how I will do my crosshatching unless from the front with rullers now. The CQ I am sure will do this but it won't go around blocks or designs that I know of. The quilts are coming faster than I can keep up with my fulltime job. I am already turning people down. Some have rush jobs and well I don't like to be rushed too much. lol

My computer crashed Friday Night and that was a real Bummer. Still in shop. Hopefully I haven't lost everything. I had all my business set up perfectly. When backing up a virus took over. Yuk.

Archived