Just Finished Shop Quilt!!

Renae--love the quilt--and how timely--I have one coming up that has all 1/4" outlineing and am not looking forward to it.

So my question is to Joanne--if she shouldn't started those lines in the corners--then where do you start the line of stitching for those lines??

Renae, I was looking again and reading everyone's comments and your plea for honesty and ideas to make it better and over the top...

Pardon me if I don't remember names, but someone talked about adding machine tape and dividing and measuring, and I thought, well...

If the wavey line in the inner border matched the swag in the outer border, would that be a more harmonious outcome? And if it rounded the corner instead of at an angle, more harmony?

Like Linda said, maybe one more echo? in the swag and in the wavey line?

That may be too much and over the top with a crash, but just consider, it's a suggestion.

Still a lovely plan and execution.:)

If a motif has an obvious place to hide your start and stops, by all means do so. With something like a stand alone triangle or a square, just starting 1/4 or 1/2 inch before or after the corner will eliminate the bulk at the corner. If you start with a couple of tiny stitched (and I back track on one to lock) and end right up to your starting place the same way, it hides the stop and start better on something that stands out like the triangles on very contrasting background. Again, many of you may have a different point of view on this, but it seems to work for me when I don't want to be obvious with stops and starts.

Archived