CompuQuilter

Pam Geary

Never thought about that. However. unless you leave something on your quilt that the machinewill run over I can't see why your needle would break. Having said that, look at you quilt as you would BEFORE you freehand or do a panto. Look for open seams, or a spot when a lot of seams come together such a s the senter of a star. If I find these things I mark them with tape or something so I know I need to avoid them or fussy quitl around them.

The CQ Is just the coolest thing. Makeing it really cool is that you can just unhook it to have your regulat machine back. Life is good,

Myrna

Well believe it or not this happen to me on my first practice piece the day my CQ was installed. It totally terrified me. I was slow to stop the machine being the buttons were so new to me. I probly should have put a new needle in when starting. It did tear the practice piece with the dull edge as the tip of needle broke off into the quilt and didn't come back up.

I learned from the experience. I know many may feel comfortable turning their backs but it will be a while before I will do that. The broken needle restricted the movement.

I hope in the future a Sensor could be installed when this happens the needle will stop in up position. I see no reason that this couldn't take place also when the thread breaks. Just like Embroidery machines do. The sensors stop the machine and the foot raises. It would be a big plus to the program or the APQS machine for that matter.

I pray this never happens on my customers quilts. I will do my part by starting off with a clean machine and new needle for each quilt. Also make sure the screw in tight on the needle. I have noticed mine not very tight and the needle just popped out when quilting once. It got my attention.

Archived