MQX winners list has been posted

Hi all. OK I can't lie I've been up in the clouds all day!!!!! Yes it was the wedding quilt and now I can tell them they are getting an award winning quilt! I am just so excited still. I found out this afternoon that I got a teacher award from none other than Karen McTavish for my Rose Parfait too! What an honor! The last bit of news is that Irena Bloom's new book, Starting with a Blank Slate, which debuted here at MQX has my Rose Parfait in it! It is such an honor! All in all I will say that it has been a great day! I have been on the go since 7 am. I had class with Ranae Haddidin and boy was that a great informational class! Fabulous. Then I was a teacher angel in a 4 hour class with Pam Clark. Great class too but I sure was tired. I didn't get to go see my ribbons until after 5 tonight. I went through the vendor mall to buy a few things and will have a few hours tomorrow to look at all the other quilts. I've only glanced at the quilts in the main room and they are just stunning!

Congrats to all the other winners too! It is a great show!

I just got back from MQX, I might drive back up on Sat. The quilts are fabulous, a lot of talent out there. Best of show by Renee Haddidin was just incredible. I have photos on my digital camera but I'll be darned if I can ever get any photos to post.

Lots of great classes, and it was wonderful to finally meet a bunch of people that I chat with on this site. Of course no one looked anything like the way I had envisioned them. The show didn't seem as crowded this year. It will be interesting next year when they are in their new digs in RI.

Dianne

Wonderful!!!! How cool is that! Thanks for posting the link - lots of familiar names on there....

Rhonda, The Team of - Marilyn & Claudia, Renae, Candace..... I would love to see photos too!! Anyone have some to share with us??? Please???!!

Funny how is says "361 days left to MQX 2009" at the top of the page..... maybe they mean 2010???;)

Congratulations to all!! How wonderful to see awards go to names you don't always see in lights. The big names certainly deserve their accolades but I love to see lesser knowns get recognition too!

I remember feeling totally down when I found out I would be classified as a professional because I sold a little art wall quilt (12x17) for $75.00! That's like saying your a surgeon cause you can take out splinters!

Oh well. Horray for the winners and all who were brave to enter.

Peggy,

Here is the link for it. This was actually the quilt I brought to Camp Mowana for show-n-tell! Get this, Deloa got the book and asked me to sign it on the page of my quilt! What an honor!!!!! She is the one who sold me my machine and I am so envious of her talent! She is just one of the most genuine nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing!

Link to original post. http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=13056&page=1#pid131943

There were a lot of quilts at this show that deserved ribbons. They were all amazing. I was lucky to be Heidi's roommate at the show. Getting that ribbon on the wedding quilt and then a teacher ribbon from Karen McTavish was such an honor. It was a great show. I wish you all could have been there to celebrate with us. Maybe next year in Rhode Island.

Charlotte

Archived