Help, my machine won't work!!!

I need help immediately! Have about 20 customer quilts here to work on and this machine won't turn on. All the lights turn on and all the buttons on the left mushroom work but two buttons on the right mushroom don't work at all. When I press control and then the right blue button the Maximum speed light comes on but the machine won't work. The control and yellow button for stitch up and down also does not work. So this machine will not work either in stitch regulated or manual as the control then blue button won't work. I have no idea what is going on as I was sewing all along and it just quit just like that, I didn't hit anything or do anything weird. Just all of a sudden the needle stopped in the needle down position. I tried moving the mushroom from the back to the front and that doesn't work. The handles also don't work from the back of the machine. Times like this I wish that I had two machines. That is my goal but for now we have to figure this out asap!!!

Cher

Cher,

I can't help you, but I'm sure there are those out here in "cyber quilts" who can. But I know that there's more information the experts are gonna need in order to help you.

First, where are you located? (specifically, are you in Canada? That changes the fuse situation)

Second, is your machine a Millennium? And how old is it? How long have you had it? Have you had problems with it before?

One thing that you have probably already tried is to give your machine a "time out." Kinda like rebooting your computer - turn it completely off and let it sit for a few minutes before powering it back up.

I hope some of the experts chime in here!:(

A milli, and I checked the fuse, changed it and it still won't work so hopefully someone from APQS gets back to me first thing in the morning. I live in SASKATCHEWAN, CANADA

Thanks for trying to help. All the buttons work except the up and down yellow on the right hand mushroom and the blue button that makes the machine stitch. Never had this happen before.

Cher

Cher,

That's why I asked where you are - Canadian Millies have THREE fuses (I think....). So you may indeed have a fuse out. There was a thread here on the chat a couple of weeks ago about fuses in Millies from Canada - will try to find it for you. Or can you call your local rep?

Jinx, Angela!!!

It sounds like it could be a circuit board problem, if it is not a fuse. I don't know what the purpose of the other 2 fuses are on a Canadian machine. I had a similar problem in the past and it was a board. I don't recall exactly what button was working and which one was not, as I was in a panic. I had just taken my machines to a quilt show to vend and one of them suddenly quit working!! :o Not a good experience to try and sell machines, but Amy got me all fixed up. Definately call into the tech line in the morning.

Yes, my old milli had three fuses, but I switched out for a new one with the new swanky lights last March so I only see one on the left side of the milli right beside where the power cord plugs in. I don't think there is another one but someone out there may know where if there is another. I agree with Patty, I think that it is probably a problem with the board so I guess I am probably shut down for awhile!!!

Cher

It could be a loose connection in the mushroom cap. Try swapping it with the one from the back handle.

I guess first I should ask if the buttons work on the rear handle.

Shoot, forget everything I said. I just re-read your message and you've already done that. It's been one of those days.

Archived