I need some Inspiration...

Hello~

I'm in need of a bit of inspiration today.

I have a quilt on the frame here at the shop that I'm just not into. It's a French Braid in Black and white with Lime green accents and a dark purple border. The Backing is Hot Pink Flannel. The customer requested Hot Pink thread for the stitching.

The quilt on the frame at home has a panel of Emperor Penquins in Black and White and is Bordered with Orange, Yellow & White Piano keys.

I'm not feeling either one. :P

I have the quilting all planned out, Just can't seem to get in the mood to work on either one of them.

Any Suggestions?

Laura

Hey Shana-

I'm with you. I'm actually liking not quilting today. I've been on a roll with "a quilt a day" til MQS.

Just trying to get a little ahead so I can really enjoy the show.

It's also nice to sit and read all the posts I've missed lately.

Maybe I'll quilt tomarrow. (Maybe not;))

Or maybe I'll just find that Blindfold and go for it!!!

Thanks Shana!!

Laura

Oh to have the luscious BW and LIME Green/hot pink to quilt. :D :cool::D

I'll trade you for this--yes, that's a sheet I'm to use for the backing. This quilt 84x91, was made by a 90 year old man who lives in a foster home close to me. He is really alert and bright and spends most of his time piecing quilts.

2810476850100404369S500x500Q85.jpg

Hey Bonnie~

You're on! I'll trade you my two for that one!!

So much easier on the eyes.

The Colors on the two that I need to work on actually make the quilt move.

And the Hot Pink thread on top of it,.......:cool::P

Thanks for your encouragement!!

Have fun with yours, Let me know how it turns out!

Laura

Oh Bonnie. You are so mean. JK. That really hurts my eyes! :cool:

Laura, I think the BW w/lime braid quilt sounds great. At least with the hot pink thread you can see where you are going...and where you have been!

I love working on black quilts. So much fun.

Do as everyone has suggested and get away from them for a bit, relax, then try again tomorrow.

Good Morning All~

Ah,... What a differance a day off can make.

Actually, it was only a couple of hours, But yesterday I had serious "Quilters Block".

Headed out to my home studio last night and got a good start on the Penguin Quilt.

Back at the Shop this morning and getting ready to hit the Blk/Wht/LimeGr/Purple French Braid

and get it off the frame today.

I'll try to take pictures wen I'm done.

Normally, colors don't bother me, The wilder the better.

Guess I just wasn't in the Groove.:P

Thanks again for all your encouragement!

Off to quilt~

Laura

The sooner you work on them the sooner that they will be done and out of sight.

Putting off tomorrow what you can do today will only bring on more dread tomorrow! LOL!!!!:P

Procrastinating...I know this too well...I am able to clean my house again, been 6 weeks since surgery so no worries about that. I need to clean house from top to bottom because we are having a party here Sunday for my twins 1st communion/ conformation.

I have been stuck (going on 2 days now) on my first floor tile floors. I was getting streaks when the flloor dried using my floormate floor cleaner. The only way to not get them is to go back over the area after washed with a clean towel to dry the floor...so instead of doing that I have been hand piecing instead. :D Reminds me of the APQS commercials with the sticky notes on the pile of dirty dishes that says "Gone Quilting!"

Whoa, yeah, you are right Shana; if you can remember the 60's, you weren't there. I am working on a mostly black quilt with lots of SID . Unfortunately I became obsessed with SID after Sandra Guilbeau gave me the "itty bitty" tool -- thank you S., I love it. So, I am leaning way over to see the itty bitty designs, going blind & my back is killing me. Please pass the tequila and the hot pink thread.

Maybe she has plans to replace the black applique with something more, better, and that's her basting stitch?:o

It's all an illusion, right?:o

Linda, you brave soul, and someone said you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. :D My hat's off to you!:)

Archived