------Thank you to all who replied -------

Are you shipping the complete system or just the head? I don't believe UPS will ship the table. APQS uses Panama Freight most of the time. If you do not have a business account it is very expensive. We have shipped complete systems using a freight co.

The size and weight of the table is the challenge, the head is very easy and inexpensive to ship.

John

Originally posted by ruepkeco

Does anyone know what shipping company to use when you sell your machine and they want you to ship it to them??

Check out all the LTL freight companies in your area including FedEx Freight...and get a best rate quote for rates to ship to the area that you are shipping to, not all trucking companies have permits to go to all states or cities.

Also most freight companies will not come to your house to load the equipment, so you will need a way to get it to the freight company and they will give you an actual weight when they receive it. You will need to have it loaded into the crates as they will not normally crate something for you.

I would send the head via UPS and the table in wooden crates through a freight company. ITS going to be costly...I can't estimate for you, but they can. When I got mine it was over $600 and that was a zillion years ago....rates have gone WAY up since then. It will be determined by, weight, length of travel and freight tariffs (fuel costs and taxes)

I used Yellow Freight to ship a complete system from Colorado to Rhode Island. Be sure to ask alot of questions and make sure of the way it is being shipped. When it left Colorado it weighed 420 lbs and then somewhere it became over 1000 lbs and the rate kept changing becase I hadn't asked enough questions. When I called and got a quote over the phone they said like $200 but when I shipped it Yellow called the person I was shipping to and told him it would be $2000. I fought this thing for like five days and the very last day a guy in Rhode Island about brought me to tears. In the end it was like $400 to ship it, but there was a lot of fighting to get that price. SO make sure you ask alot of questions and know exaclty what method etc it is going.

Jen

DHL is another one you can use if you're shipping everything. Mine came all in boxes and if you want to save money, see how far away you are from a "hub." We live in Quincy and the nearest hub was outside of Sparks, NV. Saved us over $200 to go there to pick it up, rather than having it delivered to Quincy. Shipping was around $500 and that was just last year.

Archived