I'm so excited!!!!

The quilt I entered into the MQX competition returned home yesterday. When I opened the box I got a really big surprise. I had received an e-mail telling me I had a Teacher's Award ribbon on the quilt but the e-mail didn't tell me who gave me the ribbon. When I opened the box, there were two Teacher's Award ribbons. One ribbon was from DeLoa Jones and the other from Page Johnson. These ribbons mean as much to me as if I had won a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or Honorary Mention award.

Thank you both DeLoa and Page. I am so excited.

The quilt that I entered is the Black and White and Shades of Gray quilt which won ribbons at the Arizona Long Arm Quilters Association President's Challenge in November. I also entered this quilt into the Arizona Quilters Guild show in March and won a 2nd place in its category. This has been a great year for me.

Sue, I looked at you website. Is it the B&W one posted there? How did you do the borders in that quilt? They are sharp looking.

By the way...congrats on the recgonition from the teachers. I think that is one of the best honors!

Stunning quilt, Sue. Congratulations on all the awards; the quilt was very deserving of them. What kind of thread was used on this quilt? I just checked the close-ups of it on your webshots; I couldn't tell if it was a variegated thread or a metallic. The jewels added a lot of extra sparkle, too--nice touch. All in all, a beautiful job & nicely executed.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Thanks everyone. Here is the link to the original post I made in November. There are several pictures of the quilt and a description of what I did.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=13759&page=1#pid141700

The thread I used was Rainbows Zebra and a So Fine Gray. I used a pre-wound black in the bobbin.

All the quilting is done with the CompuQuilter with designs I purchased from both Digi-Tech (Jessica Schick) and Trillium House (Darlene Epp). At my request for a special design for the outer border, Jessica took an element from the design used in the log cabin and made it into a repeatable border design for me. It worked perfectly. Darlene did the same for me to create a corner for the small wavy line (serpentine) in the inner border.

I don't have any pictures of the quilt with these two new ribbons but I do have a picture in my webshots album (AZLAQ 2008 Pres Challenge). It is the last picture. I'm standing next to the quilt. I am hoping to get my husband to hang this quilt for me this weekend.

Thanks, Sue, for explaining about your threads. I must've missed the earlier post on this quilt. The photo of you with your quilt is new; it wasn't there earlier this morning. Big grin on a lovely lady for a well-deserved award! Yay!

Again, congratulations!

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

I love getting a ribbon, but the ones that we get that are from our Peers they mean way more to me as well... Congrats....I saw the quilt, but it didn't register who's it was sorry...my fault for not paying more attention to the cards.

Sue

Yes you may be exited. Wonderful piece of art !

I must admit I missed the pictures of this one in November but it certainly is a masterpiece and the ribbon is well deserved.

Perfect.

Thanks for posting your work as this is always a source of inspiration for all.

Archived