the doodle has left the bug...

As always, we see a posting by our own little doodlebug who needs help! SURE she needs help!! ;):P

Shannon, you are one great quilter. As per normal (for you that is) a fantastic result. As I mentioned in another post, I hope that some of this Talent can be absorbed by long distance Osmosis.

We need your picures to make our days, and as any parent knows, don't threaten something you are not prepared to carry through. And once you have threatened, be aware of severe repercussions young Lady!! As Boni said, we can all travel you know!! Are you prepared for a plague of not so little "grasshoppers"? :P:)

Well done again. Regards,

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it! The feathers are freehand and you drew the spines first, right? Lots of little motifs to file away for later. Thanks so much Shannon for posting the pictures. If you remember, could you let us know how much money it raises?

What do raffle quilts usually bring in? Do you get a percentage or compensation for the quilting, or is your time donated?

Just curious. I've never won a raffle quilt, but someone told me you have to buy tickets?:P

GO SHANNON:) GO SHANNON :)

I am so lucky to be able to see her work locally and to also call her a friend. Isn't her stuff great?!?!?!?!?

Now back to show quilts!!!! And post those too!!! LOL. I better get back on my machine too and I will see ya soon!

thank ya'll for all the compliments! and thanks for helpingme get through this quilt. i really do love this forum, and DO NOT take for granted the great spirit of sisterhood we share here!

ok, enough mushy stuff-

the customer came and got it today, actually kindda sad to see it go. i've had it hanging in my living room. she was VERY pleased. i asked about tickets and thought i'd share.

if you want tickets, email me. they are $1 for one, $5 for 6. she said last years raffle quilt (hand appliqued and hand quilted) raised $8000. i wanna beat that :P if you are out of state and it has to be mailed, you'll be responsible for shipping.

okay- off to do something, even if it's wrong :)

Shannon,

Hannah says that your quilt is WONDERFUL. She thinks that with practice she can quilt like that on Maggie Gray. I'm thinking that it would take years of practice for me to come anywhere near that. Anyway, I look forward to seeing the quilt in person.

Lynn

Archived