MQS Bound

I'm so excited! I've never been to MQS before. In fact, I've never been to ANY of these kind of quilt shows before.

We're scheduled to take classes on Thurs & Fri. We've never taken classes before either. So, I'm sure you'll recognize us, the green ones, looking around like tourists.

We'll arrive sometime Wed evening and I'm hoping I won't have any trouble getting there. I don't like driving in big cities. We're staying at the Sheraton, so at least that will be convenient.

We're hoping to meet a lot of the chat ladies while we're there. I lurk a lot and get great tips and advice from all of you and I feel like I know you already.

See ya soon,

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Lou,

You will not look green...there are a lot of ladies that have never attended so you will blend right in. Heck, those of us that attend every year end up looking like tourists too. Everyone is so excited and giddy. You will find a table with an APQS Chat sign, it is a place to sit, visit, wait for your next class or just run by and say "Hi". You will have a blast!! Looking forward to meeting you.

Mary Lou,

This is my fourth trip to MQS. You will love it and learn so much about longarm quilting from the experts. Time passes too quickly and on my first trip it was information overload. I met one of my best friends while taking a cab from the airport to the Sheraton. We shared one hour of conversation and ended up sharing a room. Quilters are wonderful people. I look forward to meeting you and other forum posters.

I'm also staying at the Sheraton this year. The lobby/lounge is a great place to meet and greet fellow quilters.

How late on Sat. will everyone be there? My DH and I are moving from Colorado to Florida that weekend. I had tried to get the buyers to close escrow on the 11th so we could move on the 13th but they insisted on the 15th instead. We are heading to Council Bluffs, IA on Friday, will spend the night there, and I was hoping to get to MQS sometime Saturday Afternoon. But if everyone will be gone already, my DH says we should just go on to St. Louis that day. We should arrive in Florida on the 20th and then I'll have to see if we can get hooked up to the internet at the RV park we'll be staying at until we can close on our house there. I would love to meet all of you. Let me know the timeline for anyone going.

I'll be at MQS just for one day, Thursday, and am happy to read there will be a table with APQS chat so I'm looking forward to meeting some of you! I'm leaving now - as soon as I turn of this computer - on a trip to visit family and spend mother's day with mother, and will stay with a friend in Topeka the night of the 13th and see you at MQS on the 14th.

Jolene,

I'm moving to Cape Coral. I think it's about 1 1/2 hours south of Tampa. Across the river from Ft. Myers. My darling daughter and her family,(2 gorgeous grandbabies) live there. The house we're trying to buy is a short sale, and we haven't heard from the bank if they've accepted our offer yet, but is is less than a mile from Jaime's. Where is Pensacola from Cape Coral?

To the new girls who are attending MQS or MQX or HMQS wear flat comfy shoes....bring LARGE totes if they don't give you one at registration desk (at MQX our goodie bag this year was a HUGE tote) empty credit cards, and all your class goodies.

Remember to breath and take in as must but don't get overwhelmed...the first year I went to MQX I took 3-5 classes a day...and it was only 4 days back them...I WAS so beat up by the end it hurt to walk, breath and my brain ached....and then I had a 3 hour drive home.

ENJOY...I wish I could do both, but not this year.....

Welcome Lurkers and New to MQS gals!

Will be fun to meet/see you all.

Shana and I will arrive sometime Wed mid morning.

We will be there thru Sat 4-5p.m

We also are staying at the Sheraton.

Be sure to get those blue ribbons on your name tags!

That's what we look for to find all of us!!!!!!

Calling Barb Mayfield.......

How many blue ribbons are you making/bringing?

Will they be available at our table or what?????????????

Those who are new, please try to volunteer, even if it's just an hour or two. Check in with Jackie Lathem at the volunteer booth; she is a wonderful lady---just stop in to say HI.

Last year before the auction started, once they opened the doors, there were tables set up with a whole bunch of new items--like tools, gadgets, books, book signings, rulers, people! and they served ice cream sundaes!

Don't think that the auction is just for buyers! They are very entertaining!

I am so excited to go too....My computer has been down;..So, I am just getting back on and seeing what is going on.., by the way, this new computer makes the quilts you show so much nicer...should have done this sooner., loking forward to meeting some of you..Will be there thurs after noon thru friday I think...

Sheri,

I'm bringing enough blue ribbon (a pretty blue wired ribbon - see photo) to handle as many of us as show up - yards and yards of the stuff. We can make puffy bows, rosettes, whatever suits.

Sorry I didn't respond to your post sooner - was busy taking an order for a new Millie! Woo hoo!!!!:P:P:P:P There will soon be another newbie among us!!! Her name is Michelle.....

I will be arriving late afternoon on Saturday. ! think that this is my 6th year. My traveling pal has to miss this year. Her daughter is graduating from college that week - very thoughtless of her. I'm staying at the Sheraton until Thursday. See yoy'all there!

:P:P:P;):P:P:P

Judith Fosse

Southern Illinois

Barb, I programed your cell phone in and I'll give you a call when I get to the area Sunday. I think I told you that I would be at the Marriott. I'll be doing the chat board for the table Sunday nite. Looking forward to meeting you or seeing you again. Sometimes the pictures don't do as well as seeing someone in person. And as this is only my second year, I was a little brain fries last year. Over powering but great fun :D :D Glenda

I like the ribbon... very pretty. :)

I have packed my sneakers. Hopefully I will remember the camera this time. I forgot it when I went to Houston so I used my cell phone's camera. Not the best solution, but it worked OK.

I put black fabric on the machine on Friday and was practicing small border designs with bright variegated KT thread. I cut it up and am making it into a purse. I need to get a black zipper so that I can finish it tomorrow so that it is ready for me to leave. I have 2 customer quilts that I need to put the binding on and get in the mail and 2 charity that I want to have done before I leave. This is going to be a busy week. :)

I am new this year too!!! I have 3 more little quick overall quilts to do and then I am ready!!! I am working on a tote bag out of Wizard of OZ fabrics - but don't think it will be done in time. Oh well - I have other totes to bring!!

Planted the garden yesterday and it sounds like rain all week - great timing! Can't wait to meet you all!! :cool::cool:

Hi Everyone, I am going to MQS for the first time and I get in Sunday night, I am glad to hear I will not be the only one looking a little green and knowing me lost. I thank all of you for all your tips and advice, I talked to Tracye Quinlan today and she gave me great advice as to what to expect and to be sure to stop by APQS chat. Thank you Tracye, I think you are the "bomb";)

Wow, thanks for all the replies. I just got home from work and couldn't wait to see if anyone commented on my post this morning. Let's see, comfy shoes, camera, large tote and NO cologne. Got it.

So, Boni, what would we be volunteering to do when I meet Jackie?

Barb, I love the ribbon!!

Do we need to get tickets in advance to the banquet on Fri? If so, how?

Now, how hard is it really, to drive to this place? Like I said, I'm not real brave in larger cities and I will be arriving Wed. night.

I can't wait to meet all of you!!

Archived