A VERY SAD MOM

All of you in the forum are so wonderful. And I'll be getting back to those who want the pattern for Grandma's Dresses.

I have decided that all the money form this patterns sell will go to my son for his medical treatment.

Last week we found out that he has MS. His MRI showed 16 lesions in his brain and 2 in the spinal cord at the neck. He is only 27, has 4 little children, ages 3 to 8.

My heart is just breaking for him and his family. We haven't gotten the results of his spinal tap yet. That test will tell us how aggressive the disease is. He will start treatment this week, injections every day for the rest of his life.

God, give us strength to get through all of this. Please keep James and his family in your prayers.

A very sad mom,

Kay

Kay, I have a very good friend with MS. She's had it for years and is doing very well. She's still distance riding with her horses and running a B&B. She tires easily, but overall is strong. I pray your son will be the same.

Sending hugs your way...

My prayers are with you and your son, and the whole family. To lose one's health is very sad. I'll pray for strength and endurance to "run this race".

God bless you Kay.

Let us know when the patterns are available.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Every evening at our dinner meal we say a little prayer thanking God for a beautiful day, our health, our home and that we are so blessed---and then we add "and please watch over our family --and friends"

That includes you Kay, along with your family. We have never met, but I consider you an online friend that needs our prayers,....be strong, and there is more and more research on the treatment of MS. Hopefully your son has good physicians that are up on all of this, and can provide him the best possible healing care right off, and continue to do so.

Kay,

You know we serve and amazing God! Sometimes we don't understand how something like this can happen to someone like your son, but it does. And in times like these when we go to God and ask Him to give us strength, He does it in abundance. Sometimes I think how someone as small as I am can turn to the mighty God and ask for anything....but when I do, and He answers, I am in awe. There may not be a cure out there right now, but great stride are being taken every day. I pray God will give you the strength to move mountains. I pray for peace in your heart to face each day. I pray that God will take you and your son and his family in His arms and comfort you, like only He can. And just remember, you have quilters around the world praying for you all now. This is a great group of women and men.

Kay,

I'm so sorry to hear of your son's diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with your whole family. My husband is a doctor (retired) and he says they can treat it now and many do good. We will all pray for guidance for the doctors and strenth for the whole family to endure this very hard thing. Cheryll

Kay,

You and your family will have special prayers. Please remember that God only gives us what he knows we can handle. You are not going through this alone for God is guiding you.

I remember a neighbor that when I was growing up who had MS. She raised 4 children and 9 grandchildren. She travelled by bus through 48 of the 50 states and played the piano. Dorothy went to heaven at the age of 72. Her husband was an engineer and rigged things to assist her on the real bad days. She was always positive and saw the good in everyone. Dorothy was remarkable with never complaining about bad days.

I pray that God blesses you, your son and his family with the strength to endure this. So he can live a long and full life.

Prayers and hugs.

Kay, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. You have many wonderful friends here always ready to listen when you are having a bad day.

If you are willing to post a pattern to Australia I would be extremly happy to purchase one.

Regards

Karen

Archived