Next swap

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are leaving for the States again in three weeks time, but we have to go to the other "side" to visit family and friends. I also have an Advanced Beginners Class booked and the two day maintenace course at APQS.

We were to have a weeks break in Cancun as well, which is now cancelled. Heidi, I do sympathise with your Son's Honeymoon problems. I was really looking forward to this part of the trip. Love History wherever it may be. (Chithen Itza sp?)

I hope to work around MQS or MQX in 2011. I'll have to organise the timings to visit with the Moxie group and then make my way over to visit with friends on the East coast.

(Geoff just rolled his eyes when I informed him of this Plan. Husbands just don't have a clue about some of the really, really important things in life, do they!!:P)

Regards,

Originally posted by Boni

So Karen, how do you post without the link to webshots? I'm curious.

Not Karen but, you post the picture as an attachment. You need to use the Reply button (not the quick reply) or the Topic button. Under the box where you type your message, there is a section titled Attachment. Click the Browse button to find your photo on your pc and click Open. Then click the Post Reply button. Do NOT click the Preview Post.

The size of the picture is limited so you may need to make a copy of it and resize it smaller.

Originally posted by Boni

So Karen, how do you post without the link to webshots? I'm curious.

Boni, if you are only going to post one shot you take the picture into your Paint program or whatever photo program you have and shrink it. In the Paint program I insert the original photo, click image and then click resize/skew....then shrink it to about 35% both Horizontal and Vertical...save it as a new photo. Remember where you saved it...and then open your APQS forum thread you want the photo in.

Just below the box that you are typing in your message there is a empty box for an ATTACHMENT...click the browse button and go find you saved picture....insert by clicking and opening it...and then hit POST REPLY DO not preview your post, it will throw the picture away and you will need to start over.

IF you made your picture small enough it will just happen, my new camera I need to shrink them to about 15% so it all depends on your photo size to start out.

GOOD luck.

Wow, Karen, what pretty blocks!

I'd love to join too, wonder if I'll get them all done in time?

And Sherri, I have to say, I love the way autumn colors pop against black too. Maybe two sets of blocks? Like I have all the time in the world! ;)

Bonnie Botts,

At this point I don't think the size is the issue, I resized to the same as the first one I did, and it still gives me that little obscure error message. I did learn how to resize in Paint, and it still didn't work. I used ACDSee the first time. At least I know how to do Webshots. I will try again and again. Thanks for the info help.

I'm glad you like the blocks, I really struggled with the autumn tones as they are not really "my colors".

I looked through a lot of my pattern books looking for inspiration.

Now I can sit back and enjoy putting my 30's quilt together and wait until I get the address list and start sending out more blocks. What fun:P:P

Teresa, what a good way for the swap. I was one that did not get all the Christmas swap blocks, and am wondering if I am going to get all of the 30's blocks time is almost here. Appreciate all of your time and effort so that we can have such fun. Count me in on this one also.

Archived