Kelley, my DH is graduating next week!

We have created quite a few friends (at least I consider all of you my friends) on this forum over the last few years.

I'm not sure how many of you knew that this was Kelley's last semester at UNCG (The University of North Carolina at Greensboro). We had high hopes that he would graduate this semester but he had to pass two of his hardest classes - Math and Japanese. He passed Japanese.

He took his last math exam yesterday and was crushed when it was over...he just knew he hadn't passed. Kelley is an English major so math has been a really tough challenge. He was sure that he would have to take a summer class.

He got his grade after the guild meeting last night and passed with a 72 which gives him a solid C! He was very relieved last night and is on cloud 9 today.

This will be Kelley's first bachelor's degree and I'm so proud of him (though this may be hard to believe - I do not always show it).

Anyway, since it is just four teenagers and I, Kelley doesn't always get the praise and support he deserves and this is a really big personal accomplishment in his life.

If you have a few minutes, would you send a few words of encouragement.

I know he would be overwhelmed and so appreciative. (Yes, it may take me a few weeks to bring him back down to earth but that's a chance I'll have to take.)

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Kelley, You did it! You worked really hard. You passed that math class. You are an inspiration and a role model to your kids. Your wife couldn't be more proud. It goes to prove you're never too young to go back to college and finish that degree. Your dream came true. The future is bright. I am very happy for you. :)

Kelley.....Hip Hip HURRAY..... I so envy you...I so wanted to go back to college and actually started, but when we got Siana I once again decided I couldn't do it all and stopped...you didn't my friend you had a goal and completed it. I know you family it happy for you...and so are we.

Also Siana is happy for you as well....she is taking Mandarin Chinese and so hoping she doesn't have to retake her freshman high school year language class over next year.

Next to my appreciation to our servicemen and women who give their lives for our country, I really appreciate young people who start to college and actually finish! Kelley, you have my admiration and praise, even though we've never met. It's something to be proud of and you'll always be glad you did. It's a definite character building experience and you'll go places because of it.

Now make your mother proud by continuing to work hard like that in everything you do! God bless you.

Woo Hoo, Kelley!!!!

Getting a college degree is a huge accomplishment. I am so very happy for you! I know that you worked hard for your degree and that is a great example to set for your kids. You proved that you can attain your dreams through hard work.

お祝いの言葉

Ok girls 1....2...3...Lift. There Kelley we boosted you up on our shoulders and dancing around singing something in Japanese. Toasting with champagne and giving you pats on the back for a great accomplishment that YOU DID, isn't that awesome. We all are so proud of you for jumping this hurdle in your life and winning the college race.

SWEEEEEET!

Boy my face is red---big oops:o. I just now noticed that Kelley is Joanne's HUSBAND. I misread that and wrote as if Kelley was the SON. Well, I'm sure your MOTHER would be proud too! And since you have teenagers, I'm still older than you, and that makes you "younger" than me.

Now I really admire you for getting that bachelor's degree at YOUR age. :D

Forgive my mistake.:)

Wow! A heartfelt thank you to all. I’m so overwhelmed by Joanne and her post and your responses. Going after a degree has been, by far, the most rewording experience of my life. To those of you considering the same, my advice is simple. Stay focused, never say “I can’t” and never give up. Hmmm...the same can be said about quilting.;)

As Joanne said…Japanese was particularly difficult. I took 101 twice, 102 three times, 203 three times and finally, my first attempt at JNS-204 resulted in a satisfactory C. LOL My teacher congratulated me last week and told me I hold a record for most attempts in her class without completely dropping.

Congratulations Kelly: I know what it feels like to accomplish this. I returned to University at age 47 and got a Ba and then went on the get a B of Ed. Never got a job in teaching but never regretted the degrees. It also was a very positive example for my then teenage boys who both went on to University themselves. They thought every Dad went to school. Congrates again.!

Congrats on getting the degree Kelley. Setting a goal like this and then actually attaining it is real cause for celebration. I am really impressed that you stuck with the Japanese. I flunked French big time in college and finally changed to a degree program that didn't require a language. I admire that you followed through with your language.

Pamela

Thank you to everyone! Kelley is definitely on cloud nine and has been grinning from ear to ear reading all of your posts.

Boni - Kelley's mom is proud of him...he is the first one to obtain a degree on either side of his family (and he did serve in the military back in the '80s and 90s.) He had hoped his mom could have attended his graduation but she lives on Guam.

Thanks again to everyone! He feels official now!

Archived