Brigit, Shana, Linda, Laura,& Barb's Quilt

All of them are gorgeous!

Shana-babe, I am soooo proud of you! After all the waiting and all the pain, and delays you went through it is a joy to see how well you are doing, and the confidence that shows in your work!

These have just made me so hungry for more, thank you for sharing!

Simply Divine! All of them. How inspirational!

Shana, did you enter more than one quilt? I'd love to see what you did.

I know the pictures don't show all the detail and workmanship, but I sure appreciate seeing them. Thanks to all of you who are posting pictures for the rest of us.

I'm already thinking and planning for next year. I don't care about ribbons, I just like to show my creativity and hope it inspires others. So what if my quilt is in a category with a "master" quilter? Mine just might end up hanging next to that one and everyone gets to see them both! What an honor for me!:P I would have entered this year and I had some ready, but life happens sometimes and they didn't make it.

Originally posted by Boni

Shana, did you enter more than one quilt? I'd love to see what you did.

Yes I entered three. One was the fire/ice quilt, the other was a small wholecloth called Sugarloaf Snowflake. I used Sherry Rogers-Harrison's pattern called Lancaster Star (I attempted my first cutaway trapunto in the center feather motif and border feathers), and I also entered a bed quilt in the edge to edge category and did freehand feathers and swirls. Here are photos.

post--13461901852001_thumb.jpg

Wow! Thank you so much for posting the pictures. Shana all three of your quilts are winners as far as I am concerned. I hope the judges gave everyone something positive and helpful in their critiques. Congratulations everyone.

Charlotte

Honestly, I was looking very closely at Heidi's work on the Rose Parfait quilt (front, back, binding, etc) -- I had a white glove--and it was excellent; it was perfection. I could not find one thing wrong with it!!! :P It definitely deserved a ribbon, IMHO. (and I'm not saying this lightly)

But that said, there were lots of other quilts that blew me out of the water and they did not have ribbons either. But hey, let's show our quilts and enjoy them for their beauty and creativity. Honestly, I could care less if I ever get a "ribbon" because I already have what I wanted-- my ribbon was the judge's critiques and they provided me with some great feedback and said good things about my work and that's all I need! For someone who is really just starting out her longarm quilting I was happy to get the marks I recieved on the critique sheets. That makes my day! :) Thank you, Judges!

Archived