Sashing and borders for exchange quilt

Thanks to all of the ladies who sent me beautiful blocks for the new years' exchange! I have enough blocks to put together, but I'm puzzled about what color/pattern to use for the sashing and borders. Any ideas? Better yet, anybody working on theirs that would like to share pictures? Thanks! Denise Cornett :)

I am using a peach and a green with a triple sashing between the blocks and 9 pieces in the cornerstones.

Silly me I am making a lot of work for myself but it is looking good.

Still want to piece one more block, so I will have 20 in total, think I will do the same block as I am planning for the Fall Exchange. My copy of Bobbi's Aunt Letha's Electric fan looks great.

Not up to posting photos yet, as I am still just piecing all those sashing strips. Will see how they look before making final decisions for the border.

Lyn

Originally posted by Busy Quilting

I am using a peach and a green with a triple sashing between the blocks and 9 pieces in the cornerstones.

Silly me I am making a lot of work for myself but it is looking good.

Still want to piece one more block, so I will have 20 in total, think I will do the same block as I am planning for the Fall Exchange. My copy of Bobbi's Aunt Letha's Electric fan looks great.

Not up to posting photos yet, as I am still just piecing all those sashing strips. Will see how they look before making final decisions for the border.

Lyn

I was thinking of doing that same exact thing! Great minds and all. :P

I have mine together now. I used muslin sashing strips between blocks with corner stones all through in various colors. I am now sashing the entire thing in yellow and pink squares - yellow and pink and the next one is pink and yellow all the way down. - clear as mud? The final strip will be green making the quilt size 81X85. It is looking great. I am now worried about the quilting. I wanted to do the Baptist Fan but didn't get around to getting stylist or boards. Soo......don't know.

Archived