Wholecloth challenge for Rapid City

I just finished my wholecloth challenge for the Rapid City Quilt Show in South Dakota. It's to show off the different longarmers in the area, no winner, no judging. I made this in memory of my lovely canary Dottie, who died in December. All my quilting customers knew her. She lived to be 10 and ate half a corn on the cob a day or half an apple. She ate like a little pig. I used a stencil from Quilting Creations Inc and the curved spiral from Thimble Works. It's only 36 x 36. It took me five days to finish.

post--1346189780922_thumb.jpg

.....and I get to take classes from this lady. YEAH!!!! If I could learn to do just 1/10th of what you do JoAnn I would be a very happy camper. We are so lucky to have you right here in the Black Hills. Your quilt is absolutely awesome. I can't wait to see it in person.

I'm so sorry about Dottie. I know how much she meant to you.

You all wouldn't believe how sweet all JoAnn's birds are. They really get going when the machine starts up.

I think you will knock their socks off at the show this summer. What a great advertisement for APQS.

That is totally awesome!!! I'm sorry to hear about your little feather buddy. I also have birds. 3 finches, a cockatiel, 4 parakeets, a yellow ring neck and an australian rock pebbler. I lost 2 African Grays, several finches, a couple parakeets and a Lavender Headed Amazon so I know your loss.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and the invite to Florida. Very tempting. Our grass is just turning green and the snow is still melting. It's calving season and the little bald face babies are running and playing. (white face calfs) Spring is definitely here. Yahoo! Next month the tourists will be heading in to see Mount Rushmore, Deadwood, Crazy Horse and the Black Hills. I liked the peace and quite of winter.

Guest JaneAnnHouser

How did you get so good so fast!?!?! Really, unbelievable. It's got motion, flow, composition, interest...very compelling to look at. I cannot wait to see what you produce in the future!

I want to be a cowgirl and quilt like YOU!

Jane Ann

Archived