Thank You Students!

Whew! Now that the spring shows are over and life is finally getting back to (sort of) normal, I would just like to take a moment to say a heartfelt thank you to all of the wonderful ladies and gentlemen who signed up for my classes at MQX, HMQS and MQS. You all rock. You have no idea how much I love teaching and how fun it is to look out into the audience and see you smiling back at me. I just LOVE it when your light bulbs come on!

Next, I would like to thank those of you who take the time to fill out the class evaluation forms at the shows. I know it's a PITA to do so sometimes, and usually you'd rather just hurry out the door to go meet up with your friends or to grab a bite to eat, but I just can't tell you how much I appreciate it when you take a moment or two to fill out the form before you dash. Those eval forms are the things that allow us teachers to become better at what we do, and to me they are worth their weight in gold. I know that some teachers hate them, but I read each and every one of them and take every suggestion 100% seriously. The only way for me to become a better teacher is if you tell me how I can better teach you, so believe me, I read what you say; every single word of it! Thank you SO MUCH for helping me get better at my job! I appreciate your help very, very much.

I hope that everyone is having a great summer and is having lots of fun playing with all of the new toys they bought at the shows and trying out all of the new techniques. I spent about a zillion dollars on foils and glitters and fibers and paints, so I know what I'll be doing all summer! Woooohooooo! Playtime!

Originally posted by Kimmyquilt

I spent about a zillion dollars on foils and glitters and fibers and paints, so I know what I'll be doing all summer! Woooohooooo! Playtime!

I guess this means we better keep buying those books and videos :D

Actually, I was going to buy your video at MQS, but I never did see it :( Everyone here loves it, so I know it must be good...I hate to miss out on anything.

Hi Kimmy! :) I didn't take classes from you THIS year, but I did take TWO classes from you at MQS LAST year! They were GREAT! Plus I have your two training DVDs which are FABULOUS and I wanted you to know that my MIL, Ingrid, called me last night (June 7) to THANK me for the wonderful Twirly Whirly Feathers DVD (it was an early bday present). She watched both DVDs and said they were excellent and she is so inspired and she knows that NOW after watching your DVDs she can actually do Feathers! Her birthday is June 29 and I think she turns 69 years old. She just had cataract surgery on both eyes and now she can actually SEE again! :P :cool: So, I expect Ingrid will be doing lots of quilting on her Millennium. Thank you for making these DVDs readily available for those people like my dear MIL, who cannot travel to the shows, but gets the opportunity and the benefit of learning from the BEST teacher: YOU! :)

Can't wait to see your creation with all that foil and shiny paints and stuff. Have fun playing. You deserve a little time to play. :)

Kimmy I too appreciate your teaching! I took your class year before last and got your DVD set this year. I still haven't had time to watch it but I have no doubt it is excellent and will remind me of lots that I had forgotten! Life has been too busy to play but I sure hope after this month things settle down a little! Thanks for sharing all your techniques!

Kimmy

I didn't get to take your class at MQX but I did buy the twirly whirly video and have watched it over and over again and been practicing on the dry erase board and my poor desk pad at work is simply covered with feathers. can't wait till July so I get a new drawing page LOL

I have just loaded a quilt and will it will be my first attempt at a feather border. Saying a little prayer that what I have practiced will come work out on the quilt.

Archived